Chapter Thirteen|Stay Away

(Edited ! Feel free to read) ~Song of the chapter -Worship by Years & Years

I couldn't remember any other situation in my life that was as tense as that. Tense is actually an understatement. There is not a right term to describe how horrible I felt. Similar to a deer in the headlights, I stared at Ashley in panic. As weird as it may sound I almost felt like she had caught us cheating on her or something. The way her eyes burned with a flaming red and threw daggers at me had me paralysed. I felt guilty for no apparent reason at all. Her judging look made me feel like I had done her injustice. Only imagine how fierce she looked. Meanwhile, Conor sat there in a state of shock.

"GET OUT" Ashley suddenly yelled, making me flinch. On cue, I got up to my feet, ready to leave without taking anything with me but Conor reacted quicker than I did and firmly held my wrist. I shot him an urgent look but he only shook his head no.

"Ashley calm down" Conor said in his soothing voice, taking a step forward and leaving me behind him. He stood in front of me as if he wanted to protect me from any possible attack of Ashley. The thought of her tackling me to the ground made me wrap my hand around Conor's hand that was curled around my wrist. He loosened his grip and let his hand slip into mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Conor I am not going to discuss this with you right now. She needs to leave this house" Ashley barked pointing a finger in the direction of the front door. I felt extremely uncomfortable standing in a room with the both of them. On one side it was Conor and me, on the other side stood Ashley. Even though I was not standing in between them in reality, I felt like a wall in between them. Not wanting to no longer be put in that position, I yanked my hand from Conor's and stepped away from him. Conor turned to me immediately and before he could speak up, I did.

"I am sorry for being a bother. I will leave now, do not worry. You made it clear enough that I am unwanted" I said to Ashley, actually having enough courage to look her straight into the eyes. The anger and disappointment I felt was probably the reason of my sudden confidence outburst. I couldn't understand how a person could change as quickly as Ashley could. The whole day I had wondered how she would act when she saw me again and now I knew that nothing would ever change between her and me. Ashley would never change and I should never expect her to.

"Happy you got the message" she shamelessly spat back, crossing her thin arms above her chest. It was actually funny seeing her like this - in a position in which I had seen her a billion times before. Self assured, fearless, shameless and arrogant. These are the four words that perfectly describe Ashley. Nothing that I was not used to, but even after all the time it still affected me. Her words always remain somehow.

"Destiny stop" Conor once again grabbed my arm, "You don't have to leave just because she said so."

That was the wrong thing to say. Ashley became furious after her brain registered the words that had come out of the mouth of her dear boyfriend.

"What did you say ?" she snapped, narrowing her eyes at the blue eyed boy beside me.

"You have no right to throw out my guest" Conor told Ashley in a calm tone. Ashley though, clearly didn't want to have a peaceful discussion.

"So you're telling me I have no say in my own house but you do ?"

"I thought it was our house but seems like that was a long time ago" Conor said and Ashley surprisingly fell silent. Obviously the words hit her hard. Very hard. She blinked with her eyes as if she was fighting back tears that were threatening to fall. I stood there watching them both with no clue and feeling way out of my comfort zone. The tension in the air was so thick that you might have been able to cut it with a knife. I felt like I was witnessing something too personal that was only meant to occur between the both of them. But my curiosity prevented me from fleeing. My eyes observed the whole situation unfolding in front of me.