Chapter 3

We were terrified. We knew in the back of our minds that we would come home in a wooden box. With the tribute count twice as much as it normally is, we probablly wouldn't stand a chance. Rosie and I have been in our little 'room' for an hour just talking about the choice we made. We both know it was the right decision ti make. I mean, we saved a little girl's life today. Possibly two.

Soon enough Zeyna called us to the dining room for dinner. Apparently we had to meet the boys. I hated to admit it, but I felt sorry for their family. We learned Joshua, the boy who was reaped was in the same year as us, and Albert, his brother was one year older than us. They were the oldest of three. A little boy and two girls.

If they didn't come back, their family would have nothing. Uncle Peeta snapped me out of my thoughts by saying, "The best way to get sponsors is to kiss up to the Capitol. Girls, act like your weak. Don't show them your true strengths."

"I agree uncle Peeta, I mean, isn't that how you two got sponsors?" Rosie asked.

"Wait, your Peeta's and Katniss' nieces?" Albert asked.

"Well, yeah..." I said, like it was the dumbest question in the world.

Albert and Joshua just stared at us.

"Whats you strengths?" Joshua asked.

"Hand-to-hand combat, archery, knife throwing, and edible plants." I stated with a grin on my face.

The boys stared at us shocked. "Bu-but you guys are so small." Albert stuttered.

"Well...." Rosie trailed off.

"You know the woods? Well, we have been hunting in them for as long as we could remember." I whispered, making sure Zeyna couldn't hear us.

"What?" Albert said. "You are the ones that shoot the animals through the eye?" He questioned.

We nodded smirking at their shocked faces.

****AFTER THE REAPING RE-RUNS****

"Aunt Katniss? Issy and I have been thinking about an alliance with the District 11 girls." Rose said. Issy was my nickname Rosie called me, so I called her Rose.

"What? Those little 12 year olds? They wouldn't stand a chance." Zeyna snorted.

"Well, I allied with a little girl from 11, she was 12. She made it very far, until HE speared then her in the stomach." Aunt Katniss said with so much hate. She turned to Uncle Peeta and cried in his shirt.

"I think it would be a wonderful idea girls." Uncle Peeta said.

"To get on 11's good side, whistle this tone. It will make them know you won't hurt them." Aunt Katniss said, then whistled a four note tune. It was utterly beautiful.

"Okay, I believe you." I said quietly. I saw the sorrow in aunt Katniss' eyes. I didn't want to bring it up again.

"When does training start?" Rose asked.

"Three days. We need to get to the Capitol, then get you all prettied up and then is training. Just to warn you, don't show any of your strengths. Show the other tributes that you are weak. Wait for the private sessions with the game makers to show off your talents." Uncle Peeta stated.

"Okay, so look weak... We can do that, I mean Albert and Joshua thought we were some kind of weakling." I said then smirked. Joshua and Albert looked down with a blush.

"Yeah, well Issy and I are heading off to bed... night!" Rose said, feeling the awkwardness between us.

I mouthed 'thank you' to her and we headed off to bed.

That night, we did stradigy after stradigy of what might happen. That night, before I fell asleep, I whispered; "Capitol, here we come. You wll never forget the Hawthorn girls. The Hunger Games won't be the same. Prepare yourselfs for a good show." with that I fell asleep having nightmares about the Games.

Tell me wat ya think!! Plz comment and vote!!!

LUV YA!!

If you want to be in my story, just leave your name, district, age, strengths, personalities, and alliances, yes or no. Thanks!!

<3       crazyblonde13

LuV yA!!