XXVIII. Realisations.

Start from the beginning

Everything was very dark, but despite this the decoration was spectacular. Pillars against the walls carved with terrifying precision. Floors made from an expensive wood and polished to perfection- she could see her reflection in them. Windows at least six-feet tall with stained glass inlaid. Forest green banners with a silver snake in the centre on the walls. Numerous paintings of people who had either lived here, were very respected people, or possibly both. A lot had stark white hair which only seemed to blend in with their snowy complexion.

Where was she? It was now Felicity remembered something stopped her from drying her still sweat covered face and her eyes trailed down before bulging at the shackles on her wrist. She vaguely remembered a way her dad had told her that let a person's limbs to become free, but the knowledge just wasn't coming. She let her eyes trail the long chain before landing to their beginning at the wall. In total, there was about seven feet of metal keeping her in place. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, knowing that she was clearly someone's prisoner. And she had a fair guess to whose prisoner she was.

Of course, she couldn't jump to conclusions because that has never led her somewhere. Right now, acceptance was her only option. It was only now that a specific vision she'd had made its way back into her mind, and she was soon pulled under once again.

She looked around in shock, her head aching ever so slightly from whatever it was that was used to knock her unconscious. It appeared that she was in a cell but it wasn't dirty- it was surprisingly clean. This confused her and she got up from the floor she was lying on and wandered around a little trying to figure out what had happened. She had just taken a walk in the park and she just remembers seeing a strange colour of light out the corner of her eye but she didn't have time to see where it had come from before her vision was clouded with darkness.

There wasn't anything in the room at all- not even a window so she could try to figure out her whereabouts. Strangely though, she wasn't scared even though it looked as though she had been kidnapped. She'd had a strange feeling for a few days so was this the reason why? It certainly seemed plausible considering her current circumstances. She jumped a little when the door opened slightly and nerves kicked in at a creature. She'd never seen one of these before she wasn't sure whether she should be afraid of it or not.

"The mistress wants you, follow."

It was certainly a male voice so at least she now knew something about this thing. She still didn't want to follow but he clicked his long fingers (if they could even be called fingers) and she found herself indeed following. It was like she was being commanded to do something, a bit like there was something stuck inside of her forcing her to do things. She didn't know what it was though and now she was beginning to get scared. She was led into a very grand room decorated mostly with a deep forest green and a blinding shade of silver. The décor of the place looked to be a gothic/Victorian style and from the size of the room she was in it was obvious she was in a mansion.

Felicity stopped in her footsteps and stayed still on the spot despite her now wanting to run. She wanted out of here right now. No matter how much thought she put into it she still couldn't move from her position. The creature had clearly done something to her for her to not be in control of her own body. The large double doors which were designed with so much care swung open and a woman stormed in followed by three other people- two male and one female. She appeared to be in her forties possibly and her wild curly black locks looked like they hadn't been brushed in a very long time. Skin as white as snow but held numerous scars which looked to have come from battle. Lips such a deep red it looked like blood and eyes so wild Felicity would have thought they belonged to a wild animal of some kind.

"So, this is the girl, eh?"

The creature nodded to the woman in question and two of the four other people grabbed one arm each and just like that she could move again. She started to squirm and attempted to get an angle in which she could get in a powerful kick but it just wasn't happening. Reluctantly she stopped in her movements and glared at the crazy woman and what seemed equally crazy man who were looking at her with sadistic smiles on their faces. She heard a very creepy laugh but she wasn't entirely sure where it was coming from considering she was more focused on what was going on and not on the sounds around her.