• 6

Usually I like getting lifts everywhere I go, but this evening was different. The warm spring air felt nice and relaxing on my skin. It cleared my mind as I walked to the coffee shop. Julian had messaged me less than 10 minutes ago, asking If i were still up for meeting him there to work more on our project.

Finally, I made it to my destination where I entered awkwardly, looking around for Julian. I spotted him sitting alone sipping on his coffee slowly as he scrolled down his phone. A small smile creeped onto my face and I headed towards him.

"Hey Julian!" I say, getting his attention. He looks up and our smiles matched as he replied with a 'hey' back.

Once I say down, I pulled out the essentials we needed for our homework. Suddenly, the door opens and waves of loud men voices come from the front of the store. I turn my head annoyingly at the boys who made such racket, only for my eyes to meet blue. I rolled my eyes knowing the cafe would stay loud if Luke Hemmings knew I was here trying to do my school work in peace. Comparing how close the noise was to where I was sitting, I had figured out he sat in the booth right behind me.

"I find you so intriguing, Calum." Julian suddenly speaks up, reminding me I was actually here with him. I forgot the look on my face explained my thoughts at this moment.

"How so?" I questioned, leaning on my elbows with my chin in my hands. The noise behind us quieted down a little bit, mainly because Luke's voice had disappeared.

"I love that you want to do our subject on such a controversial topic. I'll elaborate; marijuana can help those people in need of medical help, calm their nerves and other things, but before you came I had researched a little about it, and research finds that smoking marijuana at a young age can make you loose IQ points and never regain them as you age, whereas if you were to smoke bud as an adult, IQ points would never be lost! It's such a good but bad drug, and I love that you're so interested in it, that it makes me so much more interested in it as well." Julian goes on, as I get a little bored but interested at the same time.

"Why are you telling me this! We should be writing that down." I laugh, trying to stray away from the real reason to why he was blabbing on about IQ points.

"Are you thirsty, Calum? I'll buy you a drink." Julian asks, standing up from the booth and sliding out.

"Uh, yeah, I suppose. Just surprise me, I love everything here." I smile at him, then turning back to my work to focus on writing what Julian had told me, on the piece of paper.

I hear Julian ask the cashier for their best sold drink, since he was getting it for a 'very special person'. I cringed at the conversation they had.

Julian came back and passed me the coffee. I tasted it and immediately felt less tense. Caramel latte.

An hour passed and it was getting dark outside. We both had decided it was time to leave. As we were slowly walking out of the coffee shop, the scent of beautiful coffee beans was replaced with the once warm, but now cool spring air.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" Julian asked. I was about to reply, when somebody cut in, instead, "no, I've got it."

The voice matches perfectly with those blue eyes, and I sigh. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow Calum!" Julian smiles and waves as he leaves.

"He's not right for you." Luke states as we start to head in our direction to our homes.

I scoff at his remark and reply with, "how would you know what's right or not for me? You'd be the last person I'd ask knowing your reputation."

Luke sighs quietly, probably trying to conceal it from me, but I heard it anyway. Another form of guilt rose up in me and I suddenly felt like running home to get away from him.

He makes me feel weird things and I don't like it one bit. Especially knowing who he is.

Sorry for not updating in a few days, I never got around to writing this chapter and I've been busy, but here it is, enjoy!

- deany xx