Chapter 7 - This one had spirit.

Chapter 8 - Sage's POV

Thursday - 15th August

The first thing I did when I finally put all my weight onto my legs was collapse to the floor. The gaping hole in my left thigh causing me pain when I put weight on it. I bit my lip to prevent a scream as I looked around the room, somewhat desperate for something to help me. But all that was in the room was the metal table and a counter against the wall with torture items on top, such as daggers and whips.

But then I remembered something and where I sat on the floor I swivelled around to look at my torn dress on the ground. As quickly and as painlessly as I could, I dragged myself along, dragging the soft fabric in my hands and pulling it towards me. With the dagger and my own strength I tore at the dress, tearing it into shreds.

With a long piece I began to wrap it around my thigh as if it were a bandage, I tied the two ends together and then got two new pieces and did the same to both my shoulder and around my hips. With my three major wounds bandaged up I used the support of the metal table to heave myself to my feet. I shook slightly as I put pressure onto my left leg, it hurt at first but after a few moments I was able to hold myself up.

I looked around the room again, my fingers clutching the metal table tightly.

'Hey, wolf, you in there?' I asked, trying to contact my wolf. It felt like hitting a brick wall when I tried to communicate with her, but past that brick wall I could just hear her quiet whimpers. She hated being blocked off from me, just as I hated being blocked off from her.

Needing to somehow get rid of the wolfsbane in my system I stumbled forward and across the room to the counter. I looked over at the silver coated weapons and snarled as I stared at them. Instead I turned to the sink and I turned the tap on, running the water over my hands.

I splashed water onto my face and over my cuts and scratches. I then cupped my two hands together underneath the water and raised it to my lips. I tilted my head back slightly and allowed the water to drip from my hands and into my mouth. I sighed with relief as the water slid down my dry throat and I continued this process a few more times till I had quenched my thirst and removed the dry blood from my body.

The best way to get rid of the effects of wolfsbane was rest and water. Although rest wasn't an option, not at a time like this, I needed to get out of here, and fast.

'Hello?' I tried contacting her again. This time the brick wall almost felt non-existent and I could hear her yipping quietly.

I then recalled how Leah told me that they would be injected with wolfsbane every three days. Out of those three days I had been unconscious for two of them days so my wolf was already beginning to break through that block. Not to mention with my Alpha blood I was able to resist the wolfsbane somewhat better than other wolves so it come no surprise to me that my wolf was almost able to feeling contact me.

Which meant that it had to be now for me to try escape.

With my strength now regaining I slowly walked around the room, observing each and every crack and even pausing at the door that led back into the cellar room. I tugged at the handle, scowling as I realised it was lock.

Of course he'd lock it from the other side, paranoid prick. I thought bitterly, turning around and picking up a dagger off the floor.

I crouched down in front of the door and pushed the tip into the lock, beginning to twist and turn the dagger. No matter how I moved the blade it didn't unlock and soon enough my frustration got the better of me and I yelled, throwing the dagger aside.

'Calm down.'

My body froze for a few brief seconds before a large smile spread across my lips. My wolf had finally returned. 'How are you feeling?' I asked her.