Chapter 4 - Happy Times and New Faces

Start from the beginning

Clem missed her a lot, she was happy to have her friend back.

Sarah was a good friend even if she was different than her.

Carlos had a small smile on his face.

He was nicer to Clementine lately, after he found out that Clem got Sarah away from the overrun cabin. She kept his daughter safe so, he thought it was okay for them to talk.

Nick and Pete were in the back of the group, talking.

Nick was trying to get along with his uncle because he did missed him. He die the first time but, that didn't happen this time.

He wanted to spend a lot of time with his uncle.

He was smiling as he was talking to him, he was happy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nick looked to the side of him and he saw a house.

It wasn't dark yet but, it couldn't hurt to check this place out.

“Hey Luke, we should check this place out, there might be supplies inside.” Nick said to Luke.

Luke smiled at the idea “right, good idea Nick.”

Nick smiles back at him as Luke turns to the others.

“You guys rest...Nick, Clem, and I will go check this place out, we'll see if it's safe.” Luke said

The others sat down to rest while Nick, Clem, and Luke went inside the house.

------------------------------------------------------

They split up and started looking around.

Luke went upstairs, Clem was in another room and Nick was in the room by the front door.

The place was dark but, it had light still coming out of the windows. So, Nick could still see.

Nick saw something moving and walking towards him. He put his rifle up and aimed it at the person.

“Who are you?” He asked

He saw two guys walk towards him. The guys looked like they were his age. They didn't have weapons out at him.

“We don't mean any trouble...my name is Tate…” one of the guys said as he pointed to the other guy “...this is Reese.”

“Hey.” He said to them.

Tate had dark brown hair with a black beanie on, light hazel eyes and white skin. He was wearing a black hoodie on with dark ripped jeans and black boots. He was the same height as Nick.

Reese had black hair and dark brown eyes, he looked to be mexican. He was wearing a dark gray zipped jacket with a dark blue tank top under it and black pants with dark gray boots. He was a little bit shorter than Tate and Nick.

“We're friendly.” Reese said with a small smile.

Nick was wary of strangers and didn't trust easily but, they seem nice.

So, Nick put his rifle down.

Reese signed in relief and Tate smiled.

“I'm Nick.” He told them

“Well, nice to meet you, Nick.” Tate said

Nick nods his head as someone walks in.

“Is everything okay in here, Nick?” Clem asked as she walked in.

She had wide eyes when she saw Tate and Reese.

“It's ok Clem, they're friendly.” He said to her

She nods her head.

“There names are Tate and Reese.” He said as Reese waved at her.

“Hi, I'm Clementine.”

Tate and Reese smiled at her.

-----------------------------------------------------

-A few hours later -

Everyone had come inside after  they finished checking the house. They found some food, water bottles, and meds. They all met Tate and Reese. Everyone was nice to them except Rebecca, she didn't trust them yet.

Everyone had gone to bed and were asleep.

But, Nick was sitting on the couch with candles near by so, he could see.

He was sitting in the living room, lost in thought until he heard a voice.

“Hey Nick.”

Nick turned around, he saw Tate and Reese there.

“Can't sleep?” He asked them

Reese laughed a little “nope.”

“And besides, we wanted to get to know you more.” Tate said

Nick nods his head as Tate lays on the couch opposite to him. Reese was sitting on the floor leaning against the couch Tate was laying on.

Tate was staring at the ceiling as he started talking to Nick.

“So, are you the leader?” Tate asked

Nick smiled and almost laughed “no, Luke is the leader, not me.”

“Well, the way you talked and acted earlier...you looked like a leader to us.” Reese said

Nick laughed “trust me, I'm no leader.”

“You never know…” Tate said

Nick only smiled at them.

“Is that little girl we saw earlier...Clem...is she your little sister or something?” Tate asked

Nick smiled more “no but, we are close. Our group are very close, we're like family towards each other.”

Reese and Tate smiled.

“We saw…” Reese said

“You guys are really happy.” Tate said, finishing Reese's sentence.

Nick nods his head and he decided to ask them some questions.

“How long have you guys known each other?” He asked

“We met at the beginning of this shit...we been surviving together for two years now.” Tate said

“We didn't join groups...but you guys seem cool so, we were thinking that we would stick around.” Reese said

“We would like you guys to stay.” Nick said

Tate nods his head as he looked at Nick.

“How old are you, Nick?” Tate asked

“24” he said

Tate laughed a little bit “I'm 24 too.”

Reese playfully rolled his eyes “I'm 23”  

They all laughed, they couldn't help it.

They talked more for hours, they were all smiling.

Nick was slowly becoming friends with these guys.