Chapter 8 - I'm a what now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8 - I'm a what now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mace's POV -

As soon as Xavier fell to the floor, I quickly covered myself with the pillow I used as I sat up straight on the bed. Still feeling a little bit light headed, everything was spinning a little bit, too hard to focus other than the adrenaline pumping.

We sat there in silence waiting for the tension to break until Xavier muttered, "Hell..."

"Mom, dad... what are you doing here" I asked awkwardly.

"Not looking at my own son having some intimacy after being kidnapped and gone for almost 2 days!" my mom said angrily.

She rushed to my side quickly checking all the cuts and bruises I have all over my body. I groaned from her overprotective side and said, "Mom... Mom! I'm fine for now, just need more rest"

"Fine, but don't think we won't talk about it tomorrow" she said and started heading toward the door. My dad stood there with a sympathetic look while Xavier's parents looked at Xavier looking a little worried and angry.

"Mom, wait" I told her. 'Should I ask her now? What am I...'

"What is it, hon?" she cooed.

"What am I?" I asked her confusingly and she gave me a faint smile. "Camille, she noticed something I didn't. What am I?"

"We'll talk about it tomorrow. But for now, rest up" she told me softly and left with my dad leaving Xavier's parents with us.

"So..." Xavier said awkwardly. "What brings you here? Mom? Dad?"

His dad cleared his throat. "I expect your mate is going to be fine?"

"Yeah, he will be" Xavier said.

"Alright, now that he's here, I hope you don't break the holding cells again and your room or Michael's" he said. I looked over at Xavier who was slightly blushing.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It was no-" Xavier started but got cut-off by his dad. "He went on a rampage after learning you were missing"

I looked at Xavier and gave him a look, 'Seriously?' and he shrugged. "Being a werewolf can make you do crazy things for a mate"

"Alright, now that we know you're stable, your parents will be staying over at the guest house" he told me.

"Thank you... for giving my family protection" I told him and he smiled at me.

"It's no problem Mace, your family is part of our family now" he said. "We'll try the best we can to protect your family"

"That's right" Xavier said and went back to my side on the bed. "You're part of our responsibility, and being something special makes you our top priority to protect"

"Huh? Something special?" I looked at him confusingly. Everyone gave me a sympathetic look and I frowned at them. "Do you guys know what I am?"

"We do," Xavier's mom said, "its just... not our place to tell you"

"Why not?" I asked. "Because," Xavier cooed, "it's not a secret we kept from you, only your parents. I learned about it two days ago when you were kidnapped"

"Why don't you tell me?" I said. "It's best if you confront your parents rather asking people who are new to this" his mom said and his dad agreed.