Chapter 10- YOU did it

Chapter 10

Pristine's POV

“You don’t plan for insurance beforehand?” Mark decided to ask. Did I look like someone who planned for shit? Who had the money for insurance?

I shot Jayden a look telling him to tell this bitch to stop. Jayden in turn slapped the back of Mark’s head.

It was late evening now. I was in desperate need of a place to crash. Jayden lived at a place where everyone had to share everything, meaning not only he had a roommate, he had roommates. And that shithole was already cramped, no place for me to fit in. Mark was a whole different situation. Twenty four years old dude still lived with his mom, I don’t expect nor do I want to interrupt their special bonding time. And it didn’t appear as if she would allow any of his friends a step into the mobile home on her watch. While she was still away, we were huddled in front of the trailer- Jayden and Mark smoking weed and I was in some deep shit, thinking.

“How the fuck did that happen anyway? Dude breaks in, sets fire to the house just like that, fuck.” Mark mused, took a blow and shook his head. That’s when I decided it’d be best to ignore the high fucktard here.

Who the fuck was I kidding?

I had nowhere to live. I was the owner of nothing. Everything just burned to ashes. I can’t go back to the property unless I wanted to build something there or have that place restored- for which the money I didn’t have.

ARE YOU GETTING IT, PRISTINE?!

THIS IS SERIOUS. Do not push this shit to the back of your mind like nothing happened. How can you have a new place to live again if you have no money? What about studio time Davey Mase was ready to give you? It all requires money, you cunt!

And how are you gonna get it? Burger king’s? Another four years? Not to mention, how much that house cost your worthless piece of ass!

It was true, I don’t remember anymore but that place did cost me all of my childhood to adulthood savings. I had no money left for house insurance and even if I did, I didn’t bother because, I had a dream to chase.

Fucking dream.

FUCKING STUPID, PRISTINE. YOU brought this upon yourself, no one else.

YOU DID IT!

BITCH, YOU!

FUCK YOU!

DIE IN HELL

BURN LIKE THAT HOUSE!

I felt wetness under the lids of my eyes. This was just crazy. It was my entire fault, if only had I gotten myself… whatever. Now I can do nothing about shit. I can just sit and cry, just cry like the loser I always was, and tuck my tail between my legs then…

“Just go back to your mom’s.” Jayden advised in his low, concerned voice.

“Are you fuckin’ crazy or what?!” I immediately regretted the words that left my mouth, as if they were waiting for the moment when someone would give a voice to that horrid, dreadful thought.

He planked down on the steps beside me. Mark for the first time remained silent.

“It’s for the best, Pristine.” He reasoned, looking into my eyes. “I can drive you there now. Just for few days and we’ll figure something out.”

I shook my head, looking far down the dirt road. “No. Not an option. Few days? I can’t even breathe the same air as her.”

Though I wasn’t looking, I knew he rolled his eyes and sighed deeply. “Pristine. Just, think logical for fucking once! What do you actually need right now?”