"Have you seen Luke?" Leia whispered to Han, he nodded a no. She wished that Luke and Anakin would come on this mission. Then they'd have a much greater shot. Anakin had an excellent eye for success and spontaneity, he always knew how to get away from death and destruction. Luke was given this trait. They needed them now.

"General Calrissian has volunteered to lead the fighter attack." Admiral Ackbar continued.

"Good luck." Han rolled his eyes, Lando looked at him strangely. Unsure if the luck was meant sincerely or not, "You're gonna need it."

"General Madine." Admiral Ackbar introduced the next speaker. Madine, a small, non-intimidating blond haired man moved center stage.

"We have stolen a small Imperial shuttle, the Tydirium." Madine announced his attack, "Disguised as a cargo ship, and using a secret Imperial code, a strike team will land on the moon and deactivate the shield generator."

The assembly begins to mumble and murmur concern among themselves.

"Sounds dangerous." 3PO commented.

"I wonder who they found to pull that off." Leia mumbled to Han in pity.

"Probably some sucker who lost a coin flip." Han shrugged, shifting a little uncomfortable, considering:

"General Solo, is your strike team assembled?" Madine asked. Han kept his mouth open, embarrassed he hadn't told Leia yet. Leia, startled, looks up at Han, surprise changing to admiration.

"Uh, my team's ready. I don't have a command crew for the shuttle." Han announced.

"That must've been some coin toss." Leia mumbled, passively looking at her hands. Han grinned momentarily from hearing her than continued back to the meeting.

Chewbacca raises his hairy paw and volunteers. Han looks up at him.

"Well, it's gonna be rough, pal. I didn't want to speak for you." Han checked.

Chewie waves that off with a huge growl, he was always ready to help Han.

"That's one." Han smiled.

"Uh, General... count me in." Leia grinned and Han chuckled. So happy to finally have friends who were there for him.

"We're with you, too!" Luke announced his father and he from the doorframe of the war room. Han and Leia are surprised and delighted standing up unprofessionally in the middle of the meeting to go see their friends.

"What is it?" Leia asked Luke after hugging him. She could feel something was amiss.

"Ask me again, sometime." Luke nodded, knowing this wasn't the time. She nodded and continued to hug her father and Han shook hands with the two boys.

"Looks like the roster's complete." Han smiled to the meeting. Mon Mothma took the stage again and signaled for them to retake their seats.

"Time is short. Moreover, we must adjust our own plans to make up for the losses inflicted on us by Lady Majka at the Baji shipyards. So let us now conclude this briefing and divide into operational groups for final preparation." She dismissed them.

The officers nod and start to get up. Han, Chewie, and Lando crowd around Luke as the assembly breaks up. Artoo beeps a singsong observation to a worried Threepio.

"'Exciting' is hardly the word I would use." 3PO said, dreading the coming days.

Anakin broke away from the group and went to find Mon Mothma. He caught her in an outside hall surrounded by her administration.

"Mon Mothma." Anakin approached her, she remained unblinking as guards stopped him.

"It's alright. I'd like to speak with Master Skywalker, privately." She dismissed her guards and showed Anakin to her office.

"What happened to our agreement?" Anakin began the moment the doors shut, "About making sure (Y/N) was safe after the Empire falls! Telling people about her destruction won't help!"

"Master Skywalker, I assure you, I still have every intention of upholding our arrangement for Darth Majka-" Mon Mothma stood behind her desk.

"Don't address her by that name. That is not who she is." Anakin corrected her.

"For the last 23 years she has." Mon Mothma kept her eyes cold and stern, "I think I'm being very generous, Master Skywalker. The things that woman has done shouldn't go without punishment. You're lucky I agree that the things you and she accomplished during the Clone Wars were amazing, and as a Jedi was one of the greatest in history. I believe you when you tell me that she has the greatest intentions and that the Emperor truly is only using her as a puppet. But everyone who is evil never believes that to be the case. You say she is on our side and yet she destroys our troops, weaponry, and supplies."

"Something is different now." Anakin admits, "I think the Emperor wiped her memories of her past. I reached out to her and she had no idea who I was and that's never happened."

"That does not sit well with me." Mon Mothma replied, "I want to save the woman before the mask, but if she's gone-"

"She isn't." Anakin assured her quickly. His fears displaying them self as confidence. "I just need time to get close to her and we can fix it. She can remember. She has to. You get me close enough, and we can reinvent the galaxy from the inside, destroy the Empire. It's my destiny to do this."

"What you need to ask yourself Master Skywalker is this: if it comes down to the wire, she doesn't remember you. Who do you stand by? The galaxy, or your wife?"