Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I shot up with my hands around my throat. I pat the cold sweat off my face with the back of one hand. I placed the other on my chest and tried to control my breathing.

" It was just a nightmare..." I say to myself.

I look over to the clock and see that only an hour has passed. I was not in the mood to try and take a nap again after that. I've never experienced a nightmare like that before. It seemed too real.

I threw the blankets off me and slid off the bed. My toes curled as it came in contact with the cold wood floor. It was 3 in the afternoon and I haven't had anything to eat yet. I brought my camera and walked downstairs. The doll still sitting where it was earlier. I took a look around the kitchen. The fridge was empty besides a few water bottles, one of them being half empty. I checked the cupboards and found a few non-perishable foods.

I found almost empty boxes of fruit snacks, one can of macaroni and cheese, some packets of instant oatmeal, a few cans of Heinz Beanz, Chef-Boy-R-Dee, and some other sketchy looking pull top cans of some sort. I'll have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, but for now, I'll have to stick with eating some ravioli. I heated it up in the microwave, got myself a fork and munched away. After, I did the dishes and sat back down at the small kitchen table. Tapping my nails away on the tabletop. Click click click

I let out a big sigh. What was I doing? I should be recording!

I turned my camera on and decided to film a house tour.

" In the kitchen of the Heelshire mansion. There's only non-perishable foods. Not sure why. They didn't look like the types to eat foods like this..."

I panned the camera all around the kitchen. And was about to say something before I heard a small thud. I wasn't sure where it came from but, I know I heard it. I didn't want to be like those idiots in a scary movie who say, "Hello?" so I went to grab for a knife and realized that the knife I was reaching for looked like the one from my dream. I was hesitant before grabbing it but I did it anyway. I slowly walked over to the main entrance. There was nobody there. The door was locked and everything was in place. Well..Almost everything. I looked at the ground where the doll sat. It's left hand lay on top of a clipboard. I lifted the clipboard closer to read it. On the top of the piece of paper, in typewriter font, read, Rules.