Chapter 33

There's only an hour before the party starts and I hadn't seen Brahms all day. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if he came to bed last night either. After he finished taking my measurements, I went straight to the upstairs bedroom and fell asleep. All the while, it seems Brahms had been busy working on this costume for me. As much as I didn't want to disrupt him from his work, I couldn't help but feel worried so — I decide to check up on him. I enter the walls and when I reach his room, I give the door a light knock with my knuckles, " Brahms?" I call him, " How are you doing in there? Everything okay?"

With a muffled reply, he responds back, " Yes, Y/n. I'm nearly finished."

" That's good," I say, " But, I wasn't talking about the costume. I wanted to know if you were doing okay. I know you've been working on it since yesterday..."

" I'm... a bit tired," he answers, " But, I'll be fine. If you want, you can meet me in the entrance hall. I shouldn't be long."

" Okay... Can't wait to see how it came out," I reply.

After a few minutes of waiting in the entrance hall, my ears pick up the sound of shuffling coming from the walls. It was Brahms making his way out. As I hear him approaching closer, my heart starts pacing rapidly in anticipation.

" Turn around," Brahms orders as he is just around the corner, " And no peeking."

I do as he tells me. Spinning myself in the opposite direction, even putting my hands over my face to cover my eyes fully.

" I'll give you a count down from 3 and on 3, you can turn around," his voice becoming more clear as he creeps closer — stopping until he's standing directly behind me now, " Are you ready?"

I give him a quick nod and shortly after, he begins, " 3...2..." As I await for the last count, my body eagerly sways back and forth. But, right before calling out the last number, Brahms intentionally pauses. As the anticipation grows, my patience begin to lessen until finally, "...1."

I remove my hands from my face and swiftly turn myself forward. Displayed on the mannequin in front of me, the most adorable, preppy, yet sophisticated looking dress I'd ever laid eyes upon.

 Displayed on the mannequin in front of me, the most adorable, preppy, yet sophisticated looking dress I'd ever laid eyes upon

The top half looked like a blouse. It was a creme color that had long sleeves and was cinched at the wrists and waist. The rest of it was a chocolate brown color. The skirt of the dress was flowy with music notes going around it. There were also many detailed accents like; the black bows, lace, buttons, jewels, etc.. It was unbelievable that something of such high quality could be made in so little time.

Taken aback, I was at a loss for words.

My silence makes Brahms worry, " Do you like it?" He asks, shyly.