Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I crouched down, in level with the doll. I turned on my camera and pointed at it's face. It looked as if someone glued it back together piece by piece.

" Hah, some kids must've came here before me and put that there." I laughed. I ran my finger against the cracks, "Looks to me like the doll was once broken. Someone must've glued all the pieces back together. Who would take the time to do such a thing?"

The longer I stared at the doll, the creepier it looked. I got up on my feet and decided to keep looking for that light switch. My hands ran against the walls and swiped up once I finally found it. The beautiful, glass chandelier lit up the whole room. In the inside, it looked really old fashioned. The outdated furniture, looked like it been there for generations. Before I explore the whole house, I grabbed my suitcases and headed up the stairs to find a room for me to sleep in. The long flight and car ride left me jet-lagged. I decided to leave the doll untouched, I'll go back to it later. As I was about to walk up the second flight of stairs, I saw that on the wall was a painted family portrait of the Heelshire's. Although they were all smiling, something felt unnatural. I continued walking until I reached the hallway. There were two rooms on opposite sides of the walls. On the left, guessing by all the toys and children's books, was Brahms' room. On one side of the room was a rocking chair, a few weird and creepy looking toys, and a closet. As I was walking over to the bed I heard a crackle under my foot, which stopped me in my tracks. I lifted my foot and found a piece of dry wall. Around it were more pieces, along with books, and a broken wall stand. What the hell happened here?

" I think that's enough wandering around," I said as I left the room.

I crossed the hall and into the next room. It had a good amount of empty space. There was a queen sized bed, a few drawers, a closet, and a decent sized bathroom. I guess this is where I'll be sleeping. I removed my shoes and socks, climbed up, and stood at the edge of the bed. I plopped down with my arms spread, landing on my back. My whole body sunk into the soft sheets. I moved my arms and legs up and down, making a few angels. After, I yawned and decided I should take a nap. I went under the many layers of sheets and blankets and rested my head on the pillow. It feels really weird to be in such a big house all by myself. I don't think I'll be able to get used to it. It's only for a few months...Just me, alone...In this creepy mansion. Where the owners killed themselves and their son burned to death here. Although I'm frightened, this is a really cool experience for me. I'll try my best to find as many secrets and information I can about the Heelshire's. Even if it could kill me...Soon enough, blackness started to consume me, running over my thoughts. Slowly, and then all at once, I drifted into a slumber.

Peeking out from the corner of the kitchen, was a tall shadow.

" Please!" I begged, " I'm sorry! It'll never happen again, I swear!"

The figure came closer, making itself visible. Out came a masked man, slowly approaching me. His muscles were tense from the sharp object he held in his hand. Holding it firmly with a tight grip. He held it up, the edge of what looked like a knife was pointed towards me. A tear escaped from my eye and ran down past my cheek. The man was suddenly hesitant, before putting the knife on my throat. He pushed hard against my skin, piercing it. I winced at the stinging and felt the wetness rolling all the way down to my collarbone.

He stared at me for what felt like hours. The knife still against my neck. I tried to move away slightly, but he grabbed the back of my head with a fistful of hair. The pressure of the knife came down harder, before he was about to slice my throat I awoke.