-ˏˋthirty six:permanentˊˎ-

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" I asked.

Mikey shook his head and shrugged. Okay, when the fuck did Mikey keep shit to himself?

"What?" I asked again.

"Look, I'm not pushing you, I swear," Mikey began, "but why haven't you talked to Gerard? I honestly kind of thought you would by now."

"I'm an ass hole, huh..." I muttered, staring down at my feet.

"No," Mikey sighed, "you're not. Look, I get it. I'm just wondering why. You guys have been through the worst already."

"I know," I sighed. "I'm just still...scared."

"Of what?"

"Of what will happen," I shrugged. "Of so many things. How would things be when I talked considering I never have before? Will me and him stay the same? Will he even stay with me? I mean are we actually forever, or will it end sometime?"

"I really don't think Gerard will leave you," Mikey said. "Actually, I know for a fact Gerard won't leave you. Shit, you know that, too, Frankie."

"I know, I just," I let out a breath and scrapped my shoes against the cement of the driveway. "I don't know."

Mikey looked up and nodded towards Gerard who was making his way over to us.

Before Gerard reached us, Mikey quickly whispered, "Gerard might start to think you're the one not planning on staying forever."

My eyes widened and I tried to soften my expression when Gerard reached us. Shit, I had never thought of that. I completely zoned out after that. Fuck Mikey for being so right!

We got in the car and drove towards wherever Gerard was taking me. I was lost in my thoughts the entire time. Mikey had a point. Gerard probably thought that since I hadn't allowed myself to talk that I didn't see us being together forever; that I would leave him. Yet, my fear was that he would leave me. These two contradicting thoughts were now running through my head, making the task of talking even harder.

I snapped out of my thoughts when two hands came up and pressed themselves against my eyes, blinding me.

"We're almost there," Mikey said, "don't try and fight me off."

Mikey had his palms pressed against my eyes, holding my head against the headrest of the car and Gerard was laughing.

The car was still going and I tried to fight Mikey off, but yeah, there really was no point in that. The car came to a stop, and so I stopped trying to get away from Mikey.

"Ready?" Gerard asked and I nodded.

Mikey pulled his hands away and I blinked away the blurriness that his palms had left. We were parked at a curb; I looked out and saw a few shops, not really sure what I was supposed to be looking at.

"Remember when I asked you what you thought of that sketch I did this morning?" Gerard asked and I looked back at him, obviously looking confused. I nodded. "Well what I really want to ask is if you love it enough to get it tattooed onto you?"

My mouth dropped open and I looked back out the window to notice that we were parked outside of a fucking tattoo shop.

"I know you've always wanted a tattoo," he said. "What do you think?"

I couldn't even answer him. I just turned to face him and grabbed his face, planting a rough kiss right onto his lips. I ignored the gagging noises Mikey was making and continued kissing him. Thiswas permanent. This tattoo would be forever.

Gerard smiled into the kiss. I wasn't sure if he was satisfied with the kiss or the fact that I was kissing him in front of Mikey. He brought a hand to the back of my head, threading his fingers to my hair, and pulling me closer, adding pressure to our lips. I felt his tongue swipe swiftly against my lip and I shuddered before pulling away, not willing to go that far in front of Mikey.