-ˏˋthirty six:permanentˊˎ-

When I woke up, Gerard was already awake next to me, sitting up and sketching. I sat up next to him and he looked up at me and smiled briefly before looking back down at his sketch. I leaned over to get a look at it and he paused his drawing while I looked over it. It was a jack-o-lantern with evil eyes and an evil sharp grin all across its face. It looked fucking awesome.

"What do you think? Thumbs up or down?" Gerard asked. I quickly gave him two thumbs up. "Yeah? You're not just flattering me?"

I shook my head and he smiled and went back to shading it in. I watched him draw, his focused expression never failing to amuse me. Once he was finished, he held it back to get an overall look at it and had a scrutinizing look on his face now as he criticized it in his mind. It looked flawless to me.

"How much do you love it?" he asked me.

I took his pencil and wrote, "it's fucking bad ass, I swear," at the bottom of the page and he smiled. He didn't usually ask my opinion that much because no matter what I said, he would still criticize himself, but this time he seemed stubborn so I reassured him.

"Ok," he nodded, "now, go get dressed. We're going out in a little."

I jumped out of bed excitedly, knowing that Gerard was going to give me my gift soon. It didn't take me long to get dressed and I noticed when I finished that Gerard was actually already dressed.

"Ready?" he asked, and I nodded. He shut his sketchbook and walked with me upstairs, keeping the sketchbook with him.

When we got upstairs, only Mikey was in the kitchen. Our parents had already headed off to work.

"Are you guys good?" Mikey asked as soon as he saw us.

I nodded.

"Of course we are," Gerard smiled. "You coming with us Mikey?"

"Oh you're going to give him his gift??" Mikey asked, standing up from the kitchen table.

I sighed, getting impatient. I wanted to know what it was already!

"Patience, Franklin," Mikey said and I rolled my eyes.

"I need to make a call really quick about the gift," Gerard said, leaning over and pressing a quick kiss to my temple. "Head outside and I'll be there. Mikey, make sure he doesn't try and spy."

Mikey grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the kitchen, through the living room, and out to Gerard's car.

"Come on, help me out," I whined.

"Hell no," Mikey shook his head, "I love keeping secrets."

"Ugh, I hate not knowing shit."

"Huh," Mikey said, leaning back against Gerard's car, "you don't like now knowing stuff, yet you keep some guy named Shane a secret from me?"

I bit my lip, blushing right away. He was right.

"Yeah, you better blush, ass hole," Mikey said, shoving my shoulder. "Who is he??"

"He really isn't anyone," I sighed. "My mom decided to introduce me to a guy who doesn't talk. I only met him, like, once, and I didn't keep in touch. I never mentioned it to Gerard cause I figured he'd get jealous."

"Did you talk to him?" Mikey asked and I sighed, rubbing my hand over my face at the fact that both Mikey and Gerard asked me the same question. "Oh my God, you talked to him? After meeting him once?"

"No!" I quickly burst. "No, I didn't. We texted using my phone, but fuck, Gerard asked me the same thing. That was the first thing he asked me."

"Well, obviously," Mikey mumbled and I looked up at Mikey, who looked like he wanted to say something.