"You too, Miss... uh..." You struggled to find her name.

"Call me Saki, dear. Oh, here comes Demyx. Bye now!"

~~

"You have a habit of running away when you're uncomfortable, don't you?" Though his tone was lighthearted, you couldn't help but tense up at his observation.

You forced a smile. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Not to be a prick or anything," Demyx said cautiously. "But it's just something that I noticed."

You yourself knew that he was stating the truth. You've always run away from undesirable situations, taking the easy way out and avoiding the situation so that you wouldn't have to be burdened with the work of making a decision.

"... It's just the simplest thing to do, you know?" You muttered. "And it's also what I've been doing my whole life, so trying to escape is pretty much my default action. I know it's cowardly, but... I've never learned how to fight back or stand my ground."

Demyx briefly let go of your wrist to rub your shoulder reassuringly. "It's not cowardly, [Name]. It's actually a rather reasonable tactic. And you really don't need to fight back or be strong here- I mean, we're in a trauma ward, for Christ's sake. Just do what you feel is right, and we'll support you. Really, I meant nothing of it."

You smiled as you felt his hand make its way back to your wrist. "Thanks, Dem."

"Always. And we're actually having a karaoke session in the common area right now, but it's up to you to participate. Would you like to?" Demyx changed the subject with ease as you rounded a corner.

"Sure," you said, grinning. You haven't sang in forever. "Just make sure to pick songs that I know, please."

He laughed and ruffled your hair with his other hand. "Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vanitas, don't break the machine!" Sora yelled.

"The damn thing gave me a 75!" Van barked back, and you cringed as you heard a loud crack resonate through the air. "Is my singing only worth a C? Huh? Huh?"

"You better calm your tits, Vanitas," Leon warned. "Or else you'll get us banned from visiting. So sit your ass down, and here's a glass of water and a lid so you can shut the full cup."

Vanitas laughed humorlessly as you heard a thump on the cushion beside you. "You're so funny, Leon. And wow, that's the most I've ever heard you speak in over a year!"

"You're exaggerating as always," Leon muttered. "Someone disassemble the god damn karaoke machine and put it away before he breaks it."

"But I didn't even get to sing Bohemian Rhapsody!" Axel whined. "The whole 'is this real life, or is this fantasy' shit is so deep that I'm drowning!"

"Dear, I love you and all but..." Steph paused and took in a deep breath. "Your singing sounds like a dying whale."

"That was such an original insult," Axel mumbled. "If you really loved me, you would've tried harder."

"Axel, don't question my love." Stephanie's voice was stern and commanding unlike her usual sweet and light hearted tone, and that shocked you.

"Yes, my sweet," Axel grumbled in defeat.

"Wow," you said, chuckling nervously. "I'm not sure if I should be laughing or just sitting here in awe."

"It's alright to laugh, [Name]," Kairi said. "Everyone knows it's funny."

"Yeah," Ryann agreed. "Why not try and be happy while we're all just trapped here in this blindingly white prison?" She paused, and then chuckled. "Sorry, [Name] and Riku. I didn't mean it that way."