Chapter 4

No dedication o-o feel's odd, doesn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Four: Spending Time at the Pool

"Oh, [Name], I was just looking for you," you heard Kairi say as you wandered through the halls. "... What are you doing alone?"

You grinned sheepishly. "Hey, Kairi... I was just trying to navigate through the ward on my own, that's all."

You heard her sigh as she wheeled herself towards you. "That's not safe, [Name]. The TW is way bigger than it seems, and just because it's full of disabled people and good-hearted nurses and doctors doesn't mean that it's alright to go off wandering by yourself."

You shrugged. "I have to learn how to get around without anyone's assistance sometime."

"Not by yourself," she pressed. "And seriously, you've only been here for a day. Don't worry about it! Anyways, back to what I was originally going to tell you. We're all going to the pool and wanted you to come. Care to join us?"

"Now?" You asked. "I was planning to grab a bite to eat and then take a nap."

"C'mon, [Name], it'll be fun. You don't even have to get wet, just spend some time with us. You can even order food from the snack bar and nap on one of the poolside chaise lounges if that's what you want to do, so please?"

You got the feeling she was giving you her best puppy dog eyes, and sighed. "Fine. But I'm not going in the pool, alright?"

"Of course!" She chirped. "Then let's go."

~~

"Hey, look who decided to show up!" You heard Demyx shout as the doors to the pool slammed closed behind you and Kairi. "Glad you came along."

You smiled a bit. "I'm just going to sit on the side, though. I don't feel comfortable enough to swim."

"It's fine, [Name]," Axel reassured you. "The only thing we ask is that while you sit on the side, you wear your bathing suit. Actually, scratch that. Bathing suit and birthday suit are both acceptable- it's your choice."

"Axel!" You heard Kairi yell disapprovingly. "That's rude and downright perverted!"

"So is you yelling at me, but I don't give you a hard time about it."

"How is me yelling at you perverted??" Kairi growled in frustration.

"Because you make me want to tell you to go in a hole somewhere and-"

"Axel..." You warned.

".... Never mind," he mumbled in defeat.

You laughed and tugged at Kairi's arm. "Could you please take me to the snack bar?"

"Sure, [Name]. Anything to get away from this jerkwad."

"But Kairi, Roxas didn't say anything to you!" Axel gasped.

"Don't bring me into this!" You heard Roxas exclaim.

You, Kairi, and Axel laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You thanked the snack bar employee as they placed your strawberry and cream cheese sandwich in your hand then turned and walked away to where Kairi was supposed to be waiting for you.

"That's disgusting," you heard Vanitas comment from behind you.

"Are you looking at your reflection, you poor thing?" You snickered.

"Ha-ha, looks like the blind girl's got backbone," he said, snatching your sandwich from your hands. "What is this? Tomato and mayonnaise?"

"Ew, no!" You said, making a (literally) blind grab for your sandwich. You failed miserably and ended up whacking him in the face.