Chapter One~ Ezra

Start from the beginning

Adrian was sitting at the front of the class, his hands folded on the desk in front of him as he looked intently up at the teacher who was speaking in monotone about some book that involved a kid named Holden Caulfield. Ezra had deemed this unimportant and boring a while back and decided, as he usually did, to do his own work- if it could even be called that.

Ezra studied Adrian for another moment before creating another bullet point on his page, this on slightly larger than the last. His tiny hands, he wrote, and Spencer snorted from beside him. "Dude, what's with your obsession with the kid," he asked, and Ezra dismissed him with a shake of his head. He created another bullet point. He's a Sophmore in a senior language arts class, (and he's the only one passing). "You know, the average teenage boy thinks about sex like, ten times per minute or something like that. You think about him that often. He's your sex".

Ezra ignored the last part. "By the average teenage boy do you mean you?"

Spencer read what he had last written and snorted, sitting back in his chair as Ezra continued to watch the Adrian from the back of the class. Today, he was dressed even more obnoxiously than usual. His short legs were covered in skin tight pink jeans, and he was wearing a thin white v-neck that displayed his defined collarbones, and, as if that wasn't revealing enough, the shirt was practically see through under the school's light. To top it all off, his brown hair, that was just long enough to hang in his eyes, was pinned back with a white bobby pin.

Bullet point: He has no sense of modesty.

The bell rang and Ezra snapped his notebook closed. Before he could follow Spencer out of the classroom a voice called out to him. "Mr. Drake, could you come see me at the front of the class for a moment?" The old man they were forced to address as Sir asked and Ezra froze. He shared a quick look with Spencer, who had paused in the doorway, and his friend shrugged before leaving him. Reluctantly, Ezra turned back towards his teacher.

It was then that he realized Adrian had yet to move from his seat. The door slammed behind the last student, leaving just the two of them and their teacher alone in the classroom.

"Doesn't he have to leave as well?" Ezra questioned, his eyes moving from Adrian to the old man who looked between the two of them. Adrian hadn't looked Ezra's way yet, and it bothered him a great deal. He made a mental note to put it on his list, and then wondered how to phrase it, settling with, Isn't as fascinated with me as most gay boys are, after a few short moments.

"Actually," the teacher began and Ezra once again focused on him, "this involves both of you". Quickly, Ezra glanced toward the younger male once more, finding him unsurprised and attentive. The fact that Adrian had been let in on something that involved Ezra before Ezra had was slightly frustrating, and he took a moment to relate a shaky breath before speaking.

"It does?"

"Indeed, Mr. Drake. We have a problem, young man" The teacher, whose name Ezra, for the life of him, could not remember (and had been unable to do so since the second day of class) started before cutting straight to the point, "as of yesterday, you are officially failing this class, young man". Ezra shrugged. "Young man, You may not be aware of this, since you don't seem to be the kind of student who keeps up with his grades-" Ezra felt as if the man was trying to upset him, but it was true so he simply blinked, "but you already have two other failing grades, making this your third, young man". His teacher paused, as if to let his words sink in, but at this point Ezra was mostly focused on the fact that the old man overused the words young man and it made him seem even more ancient than he already appeared. "Mr. Drake, You are only allowed two F's in order to play a sport". This caught his immediate attention.