Chapter 16 - ...I need you to help me sabotage a party...

[A/N: Sorry guys I will change the previous chapters into past tense soon and YES I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!]

Chapter 16 - I need you to help me sabotage a party

---

(Poppy's P.O.V.)

Flynn looked visibly hurt, or at least uncomfortable. "Tell me what?"

I swallowed, suddenly very conscious of a flickering light above my head, "It's about Scott, my uh... boyfriend slash it's complicated."

"Oh." He released my arms.

Brushing away a stray lock of golden hair, I said, "I loved him. I really did. But ever since I came to this town and met you, everything has changed." Staring into his eyes, I said, "Believe me when I say this, Flynn. Whatever I felt for Scott has been diminishing, and about you..." my voice trailed off, "I really like you. A lot more every day."

I resisted the urge to turn tail and run before I look like a major cheating bitch or become an embarrassment. I bit my lip and tooked at the handsome boy in front of me.

Flynn's frown dissipated and his face broke into a grin, "Well, you should know by now that I feel the same, Poppy." I flushed, feeling a warm and fuzzy sensation in my gut. "But then," he whispered, "What are you going to do about Scott?"

Taking a deep breath, I said, "Honestly, I don't know. The best solution may be to break off our relationship and tell him it is better if we are friends. But I still have feelings for him..." Shit. "God, Flynn, I feel so guilty."

He smiled, "It's perfectly normal. We're only human after all and have very little control over our emotions. But if what you said was true, that your feelings for him are diminishing," I held my breath as he took my hands in his firm ones, "then I guess we can give us a shot."

"Okay." I mirrored his smile, a weight lifting off my chest. "Then I shall tell Scott we both have to move on tonight. As guilty as I feel... I have to make my decision and not string him along, right?"

Flynn randomly twisted my bracelet, "Yeah, you're right. I'm glad we have clarity now." Flaunting his killer smile, Flynn crushed me into a hug. Luckily his body shielded my blushing face, or else everyone would see Poppy Turner's fangirl moment. My heart started racing at top speed as he sighed, "I really like you too Poppy, trust me on this."

I laughed, "I know."

"Getting cocky, are we?" He smirked.

"Even at my cockiest, my level of narcissicm would still be way below yours," I winked.

As if on cue, the bell for our next class rang. "Come on, flower," Flynn wrapped his arms around my shoulder, "I'll walk you to class."

---

(Valentina's P.O.V.)

I slammed the door with all the force I could muster to make a point.

Sighing, I glared at the glass pane with the printed golden letters Principal's Office. I swear it wasn't me who destroyed poor Pansy Hale's thousand-dollar handbag - although I have to admit, it would be tempting. And who even cares about elementary cat fights? Whatever the mainstream clique is doing, it is none of my business. Principal Carter just had to interfere. Why? Because the Hales are rich and they are major sponsors of our school's administrative expenses, including infrastructure. And me? I am nothing in the eyes of my principal and my teachers. This is reality.

Ripping the detention slip into shreds, I concluded that the clique needed a payback.

Turning the corner, I crashed into a walking wall. I mean, a very hard torso. Belonging to one none other than my ex-boyfriend - Cale Winchester. Honestly, what is with the leaving principal's office and bumping into him?!

We stared at each other.

Same blonde hair, same blue eyes. Just taller, perhaps more muscular.

I know I broke his heart and dumped him. Not to mention he probably hates my guts. But damn, he looks fine.

When he averted his gaze and walked by, I grabbed his forearm. "Wait."

He swung his head around, "What? It's not like you have anything to say to me."

Taking a deep breath, I looked into his cerulean blue eyes and said, "I'm sorry. I really am. I know I just left you a text and shut you out of my life for half a year. But," I swallowed, "I had my reasons." Facing him properly, "I am sorry and this apology is sincere." He scoffed, as if thinking 'as if'. "Cale, please understand."

He shook his head, "Well, Val. Thank you for finally breaking the silence after a millenium. Next time you do it, please remember to be more punctual."

Guilt knawed at my bones and I winced, "I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He kept staring at me, his expression unreadable. Attempting to ease the awkwardness, I said casually, "But hey you're here now! New school, new town, new life. Why don't we start over? I have to admit I am in short of friends."

He laughed at the last part, "Valentina in short of friends. This is something I am familar with."

I glared at him but smiled eventually, "So? Let's start over and I'll make it up to you? Please, Cale." The earlier hard glint in his eyes softened, "Alright. Start over." We shook hands to seal the deal, and for the first time in a long while - ever since the horrors of the Poppy-Flynn chemistry and the antagonistic school staff - I finally felt happy.

"But you owe me a lot," he pointed at me, his eyebrows raised.

I groaned, "God, please don't tell me I have to - "
"Exactly," he grinned, "you have to watch a musical with me. You cannot fall asleep nor can you fake a stomachache and leave the theatre."

Someone please kill me. "Can't we go to the club instead?" I whined.

Cale frowned, "I don't like you going to the club."

"You never did," I laughed, "you hated clubs. But you were boring me with your musicals and museums and art exhibitions..."

"I guess I did," he smiled. We were quiet for a moment and I bet he was having a flashback just like I was.

Cale had always been a good boy, with the demanding parents and the strict discipline at home. I introduced him into the world of clubbing, drinking, the world of taking chances and risks, the world of living your life while you are still young. I thought he was too sheltered and sissy while he thought I was immature. But  we both found sanctuary and inspiration in each other, which was one in a million.

Why did I dump him? I will need a lot of time to fill in the backstory. As of now, I have to focus on re-establishing a good relationship with Cale.

"You know what," I said as he walked me to Economics class, "I actually need a favour."

"Wow," he said in disbelief, "the guilty party asking for favours. We don't see that every day."

Reaching the half-filled classroom, I saw the mainstream clique talking to Poppy Turner, with fake smiles plastered on their faces the girls hand her an invitation to their party. "I need you to help me sabotage a party." I patted Cale's shoulder, "Then we can talk about making up."

---