chapter 14 - ...the months ridden with guilt for stringing him along...

chapter 14 - the months ridden with guilt for stringing him along

(Valentina's P.O.V.)

---

Watching Flynn talk with Poppy and hug her, I swear that it goddamn hurts. Now I know how poor Caroline felt when Stefan was smitten with perfect little Elena.

I hadn't always been this sarcastic or how we girls like to call - bitchy. I used to be innocent, naive, and a bunch of other words which basically mean 'lame'. I acted lamely, especially to Flynn Greyson.

Flashback to middle school:

"Val!" Jodie rushed over, "God, I missed you so much!" She pulled me into a bear hug.

"Jo," I choked, "C-Can't breathe."

Jodie released me, laughing, "Sorry, hon."

We both looked around the new, unfamiliar place.

The place where teenagers spend their awkward period of puberty in - middle school. Not all of us are Emma Watsons, the majority is Matthew Lewis.

"So this is it," Jodie murmured, "Middle school."

"Hah, don't sound so fascinated," I punched her lightly on the arm, "Wait till you get to high school. And college. God, I can already imagine myself in college. It will be smash."

I started walking along the hallway, eager to locate my locker and stuff every book that weighed a ton into it. "Middle school is still a new stage of our lives!" Jodie called.

I laughed, "Come on, no one says that anymore! Perhaps the education programme does," I turned slowly and winked at her, teasing.

Then my back collided with something hard, and my books dropped onto the white floor.

I whizzed around, not even looking at the person I crashed into and picked up my books, "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking," I started rambling, "Look I didn't mean to crash into you, but seriously, who would do that on purpose...?"

I stopped. The person was studying me with a curious and amused look in his eyes, then he stooped down and picked my textbooks up for me.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call a gentleman.

"Here," he said, "and it's alright."

I mumbled, my cheeks heating up, "Thanks, I hope my books aren't angry with me."

What?!

He laughed, "I'm sure they're very forgiving."

It was my turn to giggle, "You're funny."

"And you're pretty," he handed me the rest of my books.

"T-thanks," I whispered.

Stop being a wimp!

Sierra would never do that. She was fiery and sassy. Which basically attracted all the boys. How many? Connor. Xavier. Blake. Spencer.

Holy applegreen congee.

[A/N: Yup, Sierra from Catch My Dreams]

How do I know Sierra? She is my distant cousin. FYI, Sierra is my idol. I'll tell you more about her later. (Or I think there is a fanfiction about her called Catch My Dreams?)

Now back to the guy who helped me.

He winked, "I'll see you around."

"Yeah, sure," I beamed, "What's your name?"

"Flynn," he grinned, "And yours?"

Operation: Sierra.

I winked at him, "It's a secret."

He chuckled, "Okay, I'll just call you mystery girl."

"I have no problem with that," I smiled.

He gave me a mock bow then kept walking ahead to his locker.

I stood dumbfounded for a few moments, feeling the blush spread across my cheeks.

"Girl, what was that?" Jodie shook my shoulders, "Jeez he was like totally hot and he was totally flirting with you!"

"Ugh," I groaned, "Why do people use 'totally' so much these days?"

"Stop changing the subject, girl!" Jodie scolded, "Gosh I can smell the chemistry a mile away."

Folks, if you are with the not-so-close friends, you will be saying, "Nah, he's just being nice. It's nothing, heh heh."

But when you're with your best friend:

"I know right? He's totally hot," I fanned my face.

"You used 'totally'!" Jolie accused.

End of flashback.

So part of me figured out that Flynn should have forgotten the encounter in the hallway. Well, he has perfect little Poppy now.

I turned away from the couple, slightly sickened.

Get a grip, Valentina!

Honestly, when I say I do what I like, it does not mean that I get what I want - if that makes any sense.

Personal space? I have, because there is basically no parent supervision at home. But freedom? Not exactly. I don't have the freedom to walk straight up to Flynn and tell him how goddamn sexy he is. Then kiss the life out of him.

When I turn the corner, I crash into someone outside the principal's office.

There he is, my ex. Cale Winchester. Same brown eyes, same slightly square jaw, same messy blonde hair.

A wave of complex emotions hit me, forcing the memory of the months ridden with guilt for stringing him along.

"Val," He breathes, his expression completely in shock. I am at a loss for words then he says quickly, his tone cold, "I'll see you around, Valentina."

What do they say? Karma's a bitch.

---

SORRY FOR THE LATE (AND CRAPPY) UPDATE BECAUSE I AM STILL HAVING MY EXAMS. NEXT UPDATE WILL BE MUCH SOONER AND MUCH BETTER I PROMISE!

p.s. I will keep editing previous contents to make the story better.

thank you xoxo