Chapter 1

Hi!! This book is always going to be from Kate's point of veiw. I might put in a special chapter from someone elses POV once and a while but it's mostly going to be Kate's :)

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

We gathered around the small plate of food in the middle of my bedroom floor, our legs crossed like school kids in assembly. There was only five of us: me, Emily, Maggie, Zoe and Anna. We were silent. Each of us were focusing on eating the chocolate-chip biscuits, savouring every mouthful. Each crumb wasn't going to waste. The only sound to be heard was the faint "crunch, crunch, crunch" of chocolate-chips braking as teeth sliced into them. Finally, Maggie cleared her throat.

'So' she said, slightly holding the 'o'. 'Have you seen that new boy Carter?' She asked. Emily swallowed and smiled.

'Yeah. He's so hot' she said, twirling her hair.

'I know!' Anna joined in. I rolled my eyes.

'Oh well, it's bad for you girls' Zoe told us.

'Why?' I asked her curiously, knowing her answer was going to be stupid. She giggled.

'Because Carter's my lab partner' she said gleefully. I sighed. '

I thought you already had a boyfriend' I told her suspiciously.

'Even though I have a boyfriend, doesn't mean I can't still crush on boys' she said, turning all sassy. She winked at me. I smiled slightly at her, reaching for another biscuit. They all giggled.

'What?' I asked, biscuit spilled out of my mouth. Anna looked at it, grossed out.

'Well, we don't think that you would understand Kate' Emily told me truthfully.

'Yeah, why do you have to be so tomboyish?' Maggie asked.

'Why do you have to be so girlie?'' I replied, raising my eyebrows.

'Because we're girls' Zoe yelled.

'Thats not a very good excuse' I told her.

'Well, you wouldn't understand the logic of boys and dating' Anna piped in.

'Really?' I asked her. They all nodded. I laughed. '

I'm sure I could get two times the boys you guys date in a week' I challenged. '

You wanna bet?' Anna asked.

'Anna, don't' Emily interrupted.

'No, I do want to bet on it' I told her sternly.

'Fine' Maggie said, standing up and running over to my desk. She rummaged around for a while, cursing at how messy I keep my room. She grabbed an A3 piece of pink poster board and some coloured markers and threw them down in the middle of the circle. Zoe grabbed a pen a wrote down in big, sparkly letters "The Love Games".

'Catchy name' I told her, admiring her creative title.

'Thanks' she blushed. Next she drew a 5x8 table. She wrote our names in each of the five Columns.

Maggie

Emily

Zoe

Anna

Kate

Emily nodded and ran over to my desk. She came back holding a sheet of golden star-shaped stickers. She sat down on her knees and started to randomly place the stickers all over the poster. They smiled and stood up to admire their work. I looked at it.

'What's this for?' I asked blindly. They rolled their eyes. Maggie explained.

'So, here's the bet. We all have to try and get eight boys to date us-'

'and kiss us' Anna interrupted.

'Ok, so we have to try and get eight boys to take us out on a date, and kiss us for at least three seconds. Once we get a boy to do so, Kate will write down the boys name beside your name on the chart' she said, looking over at me for approval. I nodded.

'Who ever gets all eight boys first, wins' Emily squealed. We laughed. Anna felt a buzz in her pocket.

'It's mum' she said, still looking down at the screen. 'I need to go' she told me, standing up. 'Yeah, I should go too' Zoe said grabbing her bag. Emily and Maggie followed. We all hugged and said 'bye' to each other. Then they left, leaving me standing alone in my room. I sighed and picked up the pink chart off of the floor. I grabbed some blu-tack off of my dest and ripped small pieces off of the strip. I gently placed the blu-tack on each of the four corners of the poster and stuck it onto my wardrobe. I smiled.

'Easy' I told my self. 'This is going to be easy'.