⚠ WARNING ⚠
This part contains a bit of implied sexual stuffs. I don't go into detail (because I'm a good noodle), but I wanted to make a warning just in case this sort of thing makes some of you uncomfortable.

Captain's POV

You wake up to the sound of a running sink.

For a moment, you don't know why or how you ended up sleeping on the living room couch.

Soon the unpleasant memories of the day before come flooding back.

You curse under your breath. Why did I do that? You think to yourself while quietly hitting your head with a throw pillow.

You decide to get up from the couch, swallow your pride, and go properly apologize to Cress for your actions while she's out of the bedroom.

Are we actually over? You think to yourself as you walk to the kitchen.

You lean against the doorway and peer inside. Cress is leaning against the countertop, her arms clutching her abdomen. Her breaths are shallow and tears are streaming from her eyes.

She sees you almost immediately and strains to speak. "Carswell?" She looks dizzy. You rush to her side and support her with your arms.

"Cress, what's wrong."

"Carswell, I didn't mean what I said." She cries.

"Cress, that doesn't matter right now, tell me what's wrong."

Instead of answering she doubles over in pain and throws up in the sink. You notice the back of her shorts are covered in blood.

"C-Cress, your bleeding."

"I think we're losing him." She whimpers before her legs collapse beneath her.

Your mind is like a net screen, flipping through words and scenes at lightning speed. You can't manage to do anything but stand there, holding Cress's unconscious body.

I didn't have the chance to apologize.

For the first time since it's occurrence your mind goes over all that happened the night before.

You'd noticed lately that Cress's hormones were getting the best of her. She just wasn't herself. It had started mildly, she would seem angered by your jokes and innuendos that used to make her laugh and chewed you out about things she had never previously cared about.

Things got progressively worse, until she distanced herself from you completely. In fact over a week had passed without more than a few sentences spoken between the two of you.

In that time, you had developed an unrelenting desire for her.

It had felt like centuries since you had felt the comfort of her skin against your own. You longed to feel the warmth of her body against yours.

So, when you pounced onto her with lust filled eyes you couldn't say you were completely yourself either. In fact, in that moment, your own hormones had gotten the best of you.

You started with a simple kiss and, despite her not kissing back, attempted to deepen it. You clutched her body against your own despite her protests.

"Carswell. CARSWELL! Let go of me!" You didn't.

The next thing you remember is receiving a strong blow to the side of your face.

You tentatively feel the still red skin that had been the first line of defense to the literal slap in the face you had recieved.

But the lingering bite of the words she screamed at you after that was what hurt most of all.

"You have no idea how hard it is to carry an actual person inside of you Carswell, and you aren't even trying to understand my pain. I'm miserable, Carswell. I wish I had never had to experience any of this." She pauses, tears streaming down her face. "And, maybe I wish I had never married you, either."

"Cress, wait!"

You hear the door lock shut.

"Cress, please, can we at least just talk this through?"

"No," her voice comes through the door, "I don't want to."

"Please, Cress, I'm so sorry."

"Are you really, Carswell, you use that line so often I'm not sure you mean it anymore."

Needless to say, your bed was the couch that night. Your guilt and restlessness prevented sleep, and when it finally came you dreamt only nightmares.

Little did you know you would wake up to a horror much, much worse.

The reality of everything began to set in. Adrenaline courses through you as you carry Cress to the couch and comm an emergency hover.

♪♪♪
Song: The Spring
Artist: Sleeping at Last
♪♪♪