The morning after

The next day, the entire school was buzzing with shock and excitement over the array of colours which covered the usually dark and dismal forbidden forest.

"Who do you think did it?!"

"Whoever did, their gonna be in so much trouble when Dumbledore finds out."

"Bloody hell! Look at all the colour!"

The entire group grinned at each over. Raine playfully signalled at Tonks, at the Hufflepuff table, to be quiet and Tonks winked back. Bill grinned and bit into his apple. The great  hall hummed with chat, mainly about how colourful the forbidden forest was and how the staff and professors were going to be extremely angry. No doubt, by this point it was clear that the entire school and the professors knew by the way that McGonagall's stern face looked out specifically for the culprits. Despite the twinkle and slight neutral amusement in his eye, Dumbledore still kept a firm look off authority. Filch was currently scraping and washing the paint off the trees, but he evidently was going to be out there for a long time.

Hundreds, possibly thousands of trees were coated in the poultice-made paint and even if Filch did work quickly, it was clear that the paint wasn't going to come off simply.

Raine looked amongst her fellow culprits and accomplices-she noticed that one was missing.

"Well she isn't here." Andrew stated, clearly worried. "Despite you all assuring me she would be."

"Mate, she could still come down any minute." Bill assured him.

"Breakfast has only just started." Terry added.

"Easy for you two to say!" Andrew angrily retorted. "It's not Raine and Violet that have gone missing-its my girlfriend!"

"Raine isn't-"

"Shut up! You know what I mean."

Terry kept quiet and looked down.
Violet and Raine gave eachover a look. Before the two stood up.

"We will go look for her." Raine attempted to smile. "I'm sure she's just with the other Ravenclaws."

Violet stuffed a breakfast muffin into the pocket off her robe.

"Yeah, maybe she got tired off us Gryffindors."

"She isn't like that." Andrew shook his head and ignored the group.

Raine sighed and grabbed Violets arm, the two quickly took haste and rushed to the Ravenclaw Tower.

The Ravenclaw tower had blue Murals on its pale stone walls and navy drapes hanging from its long windows. The furniture was chic and vintage but clearly expensive. Despite the girls not being allowed in, after a few uncaring third-year boys solved the riddle and allowed them in, the girls felt out of place with their ruby robes amongst the sapphire ones.

"Mark? Have you seen Kelly?" Raine asked a fairly handsome boy, who was reclining on one of the silver sofas.

"No, I don't particularly think she has exited from the girls dormitory yet." He spoke articulately.

Mark Beauchamp was a tall fair haired boy, he was very posh and had a very laid-back look about him. Usually he would stroll around with one hand in his trouser pocket and the other holding a latin book.

"Have you seen her, Anne?" Violet asked.

Anne was a short, petite girl with a pair of square glasses that balanced on her freckled nose. Her hair was dark and curly and she seemed shy but could have a sharp tongue if crossed.