And girls were excited, too, when I told them. Because, for some reason, they all have a crush on my brother. I scrunch my nose up just thinking about it. I don't know what so many women see on him. He's got a pretty face (but, hey, he got that from our parents!), but he's so annoying sometimes, I pity the woman who's going to have to spend her whole life with him.

Oh, wait. It's going to be Victoria. I don't pity her at all. 

I'm deciding on whether to wear a dress or jeans tonight. It's still warm out but I'm not in the mood for a dress. Jeans it is.

I choose black jeans with a vanilla blouse that's loose on me. It's elegant and pretty. I put on my favourite nude heels and take my purse. I'm taking a taxi there. I believe I am already late but I can't help myself; I go into the kitchen to eat some snack before I go. I'm already late, what's the harm in it? 

The taxi is waiting for me downstairs and I hurry down. I come to the club in a record time. It's one of Braden's; but then, I'd be surprised if it wasn't. There aren't many companies and clubs he doesn't own. I'm still surprised at how he manages to lead all of them so successfully. 

I spot the girls the instant I step in. Well, I hear them first. They're in a good mood already. Sam chose to join us. She replied to our texts later in the morning, as I predicted. 

''Brooke!'' They all yell in unison. I give them all a wide grin, hugging them all. 

''It wouldn't be you if you weren't late,'' Amy muses, her eyes are twinkling from the carefree happiness. 

Cory and Sam are both wearing a dress - Cory chose to be daring today and she's wearing a short, tight black dress, while Sam decided to stay on the elegant side and she picked a rose, simple dress that comes down to her knees. Amy is wearing jeans and a simple T-shirt. No high heels for her tonight. I know she hates them, anyway. 

There are a lot of people in here, like always. This is one of the busiest clubs in the town and it's perfect for tonight. Because as Cory said, there are many new hot men in here. And some of them are giving us their attention in a really obvious way. 

''Ahhh, just what I needed,'' I say when the waiter puts my mojito down in front of me. I take a big sip. 

''We've just seen your brother before you came in, B! God, that man. He can't get any hotter, huh?'' Sam says dreamily. Sometimes, for the bookworm she is, she really surprises me with her statements. 

''I wonder what happened to you, Brooke ...'' Cory says and all the girls laugh.

''Ha-ha. Hilarious.'' I roll my eyes but smile at them in affection. I know they don't mean anything bad. 

''Well ... if his fiancée ever decides to leave him, just let us know. I'd be more than welcome to fill that spot,'' Cory comments. 

I look at her with clear disgust written on my face. ''Please, don't make me gag. I love you all, honestly, but stop talking about my brother.'' I shudder. ''And I couldn't handle any of you as my sister-in-law. I think you'd make my brother go crazy.'' I laugh. 

Although, on the other hand ... 

I really am such a little devil. 

''I'd be good only for him ...'' Cory sighs, batting her eyelashes dreamily.