4 | kiss

Over the past couple of days, Alex had been training with Charles

Over the past couple of days, Alex had been training with Charles. He had gotten better at controlling his mutation but Aurora knew he was still scared. He had also been avoiding her, something she didn't appreciate at all. She understood why he was avoiding her but that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

Aurora was currently sat in the garden. She had felt copped up in the house and just needed some fresh air. She had always loved the garden even as a kid, hence why she spend most of her time out there. She was still trying to understand why Alex wouldn't talk to her and put his head down every time she looked at him. She could feel her heart breaking slowly every time he ignored her and she knew he could feel it. She had talked to Charles earlier and he had explained to her that Alex just needed some time to clear his head but that just made her more upset. Why didn't he want to talk to her?

"Go away, Summers," she spoke emotionlessly. She could feel him walking over to her. As they were soulmates, they could feel the presence of the other in close proximity. She hated knowing that Alex was so close but refused to do anything about it. She hated how she could practically feel him on her skin but he still kept his distance. She hated how she could feel what he was feeling but did nothing to reassure her of his feelings. She hated how she could hear his thoughts and that he didn't even try to hide it.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked in confusion as he sat down on the grass next to her. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he needed to be close to her. Being away from her made him lose his mind slowly. He had built his walls up so high but with Aurora they came crashing down.

"I'm mad at you because every time I feel like I'm making progress with you, you take a step back. Whenever I feel like I'm finally getting through to you, you shut me out. I like you, Alex. A lot. But I hate feeling like I'm not good enough. I know you care but I want you to be honest with me. I have given you every chance to talk to me, tell me a small thing about yourself but you never do. I know you're scared, I am too but you can't let fear run your life. You can't let it control you."

Alex stared at the brunette in shock. In the short time he had known her, he knew she was usually calm and collected and hated that he made her so angry. He wanted her to hate and stay away from him but the more he was around her, the closer he needed her. "I'm so sorry. I wanted you to hate me because I was scared that if you got too close to me, you would see how easy it would be for me to hurt you. I needed to push you away because I couldn't live with knowing I was capable of hurting you. I haven't known you long but you are all I think about. I need you but I'm so scared. I can't hurt you."

Aurora sprung up angry at the blonde with him following her, "You are not going to hurt me Alex. You need to trust yourself but you also need to trust that I know how to take care of myself. Stop worrying about what could happen, you never know what might happen until you try it. It physically hurts when I can't be near you despite knowing exactly what you're feeling and thinking. Please stop pushing me away."

"I don't know if I have any other choice." He didn't give the brunette a chance to reply before pressing his lips to hers passionately. It took her a moment to comprehend what was happening but when she did, she kissed him back with just as much passion. Their lips moved in sync, mapping out the way that their lips fir together so perfectly. Neither know how long they were kissing but when they both pulled away, they were breathless.

"Let me in," Aurora whispered.

"I already have," he replied just as breathless.