3 | training

The next morning Charles had asked Aurora to help with Alex's training

The next morning Charles had asked Aurora to help with Alex's training. Her ability to great a force field and direct her energy would come in handy as he wanted Alex to be able to focus is energy at a specific target without damaging things around the target. In the short time Aurora had known Alex, she knew he was impulsive and needed to learn control without hiding himself away. She knew that he didn't trust himself, especially around her but that was something she wanted to change.

"You sure I'll be able to do this?" Alex questioned unsure.

Hank had fitted a device on his chest that would help focus his energy. Alex was scared that he would hurt Charles, Hank but especially Aurora. He only agreed to do this with Charles because he wanted to prove to himself he could control himself but most importantly, he wanted to show Aurora that she was worth it.

Charles chuckled a little, "This bunker was built to withstand a nuclear bomb. I'm sure it can handle you. Just concentrate on hitting the target." Charles pointed to a mannequin in the middle of the room. Aurora had decided to keep her distance as she wanted to see how well Alex responded to what Charles was teaching him. From experience she knew Charles was a patient teacher and tried to help in any way he could.

"Alright. Let's do this then," Alex spoke unsure. He watched Aurora walk out the room, proud that she was his soulmate and he wanted nothing more than to make her proud. He really wanted to try and get his mutation under control. She was right when she said his fear couldn't dictate the rest of his life.

Aurora, Charles and Hank watched from the other side as Alex took a deep breathe, readying himself. Soon enough a red light flashed through the room, leaving burning zigzag marks around the room and the mannequin untouched by Alex's mutation.

Charles frowned, walking into the room, "I guess that didn't work."

Alex sighed, "I told you that I had no control over this."

Aurora placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "You have to be patient, Alex. These things take time and before you know it, you will have control. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. I believe in you. You can do this, Alex. Don't give up just yet." She truly did believe in him and knew that he would get a hang of it soon, he just needed to believe in himself and his ability.

Alex sighed softly, "Thank you."

Aurora had decided she needed to clear her head and wanted some peace and quite, thus why she was sat on the floor of her room, playing with her cubes

Aurora had decided she needed to clear her head and wanted some peace and quite, thus why she was sat on the floor of her room, playing with her cubes. It helped clear her mind and focus her powers. Despite being proud of the control she had over her powers, even someone as powerful as her lost control sometimes.

 Despite being proud of the control she had over her powers, even someone as powerful as her lost control sometimes

"What are you doing?" Alex asked from the doorway, causing her to drop the cubes. She looked up at her soulmate to find that he had changed out of his gym clothes and was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. She had to admit that he looked rather handsome and wondered why faith paired them up when they were so different.

"I was thinking. The cubes help me focus. I do it every now and then to remind myself of the basics of control. It reminds me to believe in myself and know that I'm not different from those around me." She hated the way that humans looked at her, knowing she was a mutant. She didn't ask for her mutation but she tried to make the most of it and refused to be seen as different.

"I can't help but admire you. You make it look so easy. You have self control and patience that I wish I had. You give me a reason to continue to fight and become a better man," Alex stated before sitting down next to her on the floor of her room.

Aurora smiled, "You need to give yourself more credit, Alex. You're stronger than you think. I believe in you and I know that one day you are going to be a man that you will be proud of. Nothing matters more than what you believe. I will always stand by you. Don't doubt yourself."

"How is it that you always know exactly what to say?"

"You and I aren't so different. I can feel the hurt, anger and loneliness, Alex. I was once in your place. I once feared getting closer to others, afraid that I would hurt them. I locked myself away in fear that I couldn't control myself, hurting those I care most about. I know exactly what to say because I once was in the exact same position. If I can do this, I know you can." Aurora knew that she had come a long way from where she once was. She had learnt how to control her mutation but still feared that she would hurt those she loved.

"You give me hope. You give me a reason to hold on and continue. You are my light at the end of the tunnel. I'm glad that the Gods blessed me with such a soulmate." Alex wanted to be better for her but also his family. He was terrified but she was his reason for never giving up. He couldn't lose her. Not now that he was so close.

"And you are my reason for continuing on. You have given me a reason to trust a little more. For my sake, don't give up. I believe in you."

"For you, I will fight to the ends of the earth."