"Seraphina-"

"Just tell me. Please." I didn't care if it sounded like begging.

"Dominic wanted me to take over." He sighed.

"And what does that mean for me?" I looked at the floor, barely getting the words out.

"What do you mean?" Leo sounded confused. Maria put a hand over my shoulder and squeezed.

"If you're the king, what happens to me?" I sniffled, desperately holding myself together.

"No matter what happens, you will always be my Queen. You're more than that. You're family to me." Maria said, "I will stand by your side till my last breath, Seraphina. You're not alone."

I wasn't prepared for a bone crushing hug from Leo.

"He is a stubborn bastard." Leo muttered, "he will probably challenge death to a sword fight and come back to us once he wins."

"That does sound like him." I laughed despite the situation.

"We will be laughing about this incident a month from now." He stepped back and ruffled my hair, "and do you really believe he will let anyone else have the throne?"

"If he doesn't wake up, you should have it Leo." I said, "there is no one better."

It pained me to discuss what would happen if Dominic died but I knew that it was a possibility.

"You're his wife. You will rule. I will help you through the process." Leo said, "but all of that will go to vain when he wakes up."

"I don't want to rule without him." The tears leaked once again.

"And you won't have to." Leo said, "I promise."

"Leo..." I shook my head, "don't promise things you can't control."

"I'll make sure he wakes up." Leo said, "and I will prove you wrong."

"Thank you." I whispered, "I don't know what I would do without the two of you."

Leo gave me a kind smile and Maria rubbed my back.

"What happened out there?" Maria asked.

"Deskans." Leo spat, "A dozen of them. We ended them all."

"They were after him." Maria concluded.

"They were here to avenge Kios." Leo sighed, "Dominic kept taunting them, trying to keep them away from the other soldiers."

Dominic's groan of pain interrupted our conversation. Anger surged through me.

"How did they get in?" I asked Leo.

"My guess is that Torus helped them somehow." Leo said, "but I know for a fact that Torus isn't anywhere in Isolde."

"Is it possible that they entered through Praha?" Maria suggested, "since that is the weakest of the boundaries ?"

"That is likely." Leo sighed, "I'll arrange tighter security near the borders."

"If you're right, Torus is in Deska." I said, "He probably told them about the best routes. If they could break into palace grounds, they could be anywhere."