Chapter 9: The One Hundred Year Old Tree

Alex handed me the two flowers they were beautiful, no one has ever gotten me a rose before. I held the two roses in my hand and smelled them over and over, I didn't want to forget the smell, after I was done smelling the flowers I gave Alex a big hug, wrapping my arms around him so tight I may break him in half. "I take it that you like them?" He said, asking if I liked the roses. "Like them? I love them!" I said with excitement. Alex looked at me and smiled, all I could do was smile back. "Hey Alex?" I asked, I wanted to find out why my side no longer hurt, it was weird, I seemed to heal overnight. "What is it?" He asked with a smile. "Never mind." I said with a smile as I smelled the flowers again.
All of a sudden I heard someone knock at the door. I looked down at the door from the top of the stairs then back at Alex. "Don't worry I'll get it you go put those in some water." Alex said with a smile as he kissed the top of my head. I walked down stairs and into the kitchen, I looked around for a bit, missing mom as she was always in here when she wasn't working it's like I could still see her smiling face, with her green eyes and short sandy blonde hair, cut like a watermelon the way it was short in the back then as it came to her face was long. I could feel my eyes to swell as tears were building up in my eyes. Wiping them away I walked over to the sink and looked under the cabinet for a flower vase to put the flowers in, when I looked to the left I seen all my mother's flower vases. As I was looking I seen one that was red and shaped like a heart, I remember this one it was my mother's favorite. I picked it up and looked at it a bit. I stood up, still looking at the heart vase. Then I turned on the sink and put the vase under the water to rise it off because it was a bit dirty, after that I filled it with water for the roses I just got. After the vase was filled with water I put the flowers in the vase and set them in the kitchen window above the sink and looked out the window and seen an old tree it had to have been over a hundred years old. I have to go check it out, I pushed off the sink and started to run. "Lisa?!" Alex yelled as I ran past him. "I'll be right back!" I yelled back at him. I ran to the left and around the house then I ran up on the tree. Looking up, it was so big, all the branches seemed to cure off the tree as if it was a demon tree. As I walked closer the tree seemed to be stranger as if I could see a dark spirit. I walked up to the tree and set my palm on it.
All of a sudden I felt dizzy and it seemed like I passed out but I was awake and seeing something that seemed like a dream, that was in the past. I took my hand off the tree and walked around the house it seemed newer and a bit different. Looking at house I seem something or someone move out of the corner out of my eye I seen a woman running, carrying something. The woman ran into the house, I ran after and when I tried to open the door, but my hand went right through it. I reached my hand out at the door and the same thing happened my hand went right through the door. I walked forward and as I did I walked through the door and seen the woman still holding something in her arms, I seen her look back at the door and then run up the stairs. So I followed her as she went up the stairs and to the left right into my room she slammed the door and I just walked right through it. When I got into the room it was different it seemed like a lounge for a woman in the 1800's. As I watch the woman she started to move a big dresser which had a door behind it the small door that was in my room I followed her into the small room and started to look around the room was like it was meant for a baby. My eyes followed the woman as she walked over to a baby crib and laid what she was holding in the crib, it must have been a baby. Walking over to the crib I peered inside to see a baby wrapped in a pink hand knitted blanket. I glanced back at the door and seen the woman leave and shut the door and I heard a scrapping noise, it must have been the dresser being moved back. I looked back at the baby and seen it was about to cry when it opened its mouth it had what looked like two vampire fangs.
When the baby was crying I then heard a noise as if someone was trying to break into the room in a hurry, I looked at the baby and the baby was still crying, I tried to pick her up but my arm went right through her, I couldn't do anything, all I could was look at the door and hope nothing bad happened. All of a sudden two men with long black hair they had an evil look in their eyes. Red eyes... They're vampires... They walked toward me. Can they see me? What's going to happen? Help me I'm scared. They walked up to me but went right through me and to the baby. I turned around to see what they may do to it. As I watch them I was scared to see what they were going to do to her, they picked her up and held her close just to see them bite into her neck. Then I felt a sharp pain in my neck as if a vampire had bite me, I put my hand on the place that felt like I was bitten, I looked at my hand and I saw blood.
All of a sudden I felt dizzy again, the same dizzy as when I did, when I put my hand on the tree, everything seemed to start to spin and when everything stopped spinning I seemed to be back in my room where everything was like it was when I moved in. I looked over to see Alex asleep in the chair, I sat up in bed really fast and looked over at the small door. I stared at the door for a few moments and then jerked the blankets off me and jumped out of bed and went to the door I slowly opened it I looked inside and nothing but the lounge chair was in here the same chair that was in the room along with the dresser that was in front of the door. That shows it, it wasn't a dream maybe a sight from the past. "Lisa?" Alex said with a worry sound in his voice. "Yeah?" I answered as I walked out of the room looking back at the room. Alex walked over to me and hugged me in his arm, I could feel a sadness from him. "Alex?" I asked in worry. "Alex?" I asked again I could feel tear building up in my eyes. "I'm okay Alex..." I told him. I could feel him tighten up on the hug he was giving me. Once he let go I felt my neck where it seemed I was bitten and I could still feel where it seemed I was bitten and it seemed there was still marks as if someone had bit me. As I ran my fingers over the marks and stared at the ground like I was in shock. "Lisa, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Alex asked with a very worried voice. "Huh?" I answered back as I looked at him, he looked back at me with a saddened look. "You should get some rest..." Alex said still worried. I nodded my head as if to say okay. I walked over to my bed and sat down and started at the small door. "Lay down Lisa, and get some rest. You should stay home tomorrow from school also, I'll come by and check on you afterward. Okay?" Alex told me and asked if I understood. "Okay..." I said as I laid down and he covered me up, I closed my eyes and after a few moment I could hear the door shut and then Alex talking to someone, he was telling them I needed my rest maybe it was Vladimir or Emilio, but I was too tired to stay awake or even care to listen....
When I woke up the next day, I looked around my room but no one was there. I pulled the blankets off me and got out of bed and walked to my bedroom door. Then all of a sudden I heard a loud crash downstairs. Who was that? What was going on? I jerked my bedroom door open and ran to the top the top of the stairs and seen Vladimir and Alex fighting then they went into the kitchen fighting, following them as I ran down the stairs Vladimir through Alex onto the kitchen table breaking then picking him up throwing him on the sink counter, which hit my flowers. I stood in the kitchen doorway, with the anger just growing inside of me. A few moments later I walked in there and grabbed Vladimir and threw him with such strength, strength I didn't even know I had....Like a v-vampires strength, but I'm not a vampire. I saw the look on both of their face they were both scared and so was I. Looking at both of them with such fear, all I could do was run. I ran to the old tree again, I stood in front of it. I reached out my hand to the tree it seemed as if it was calling out to me, setting my hand on the tree I began to feel dizzy again.
When I didn't feel dizzy I seen I was back in the room with the crib I looked around and see the baby laying in the crib with the teeth marks where it was bitten I looked around the room to see no one was there but all of a sudden I heard a noise as if someone was pulling the dresser that was in front of the door, I did not know if they were moving it to get in or to put it back. All I could do was watch the door and then the woman that carried the child here walked in she ran over to the baby, passing right through me, just like last time. The woman picked her up and the baby knocked down the hood of the cape she was wearing off her head, when I saw her face it was a shock, this woman looked just like my mother the only difference was her hair was long to her mid-back. I watch as she held the child close to her as mother said she did when I was a baby, I could feel tears start to build up in my eyes because this woman looked like my mother and reminded me of my mother. I looked over at the door and seen a man walk in he also looked like my father they both looked like my parents but they were wearing clothes from the 1800's and they both had long hair. What is going on? Why is this happing? Why? I watched the two as they showed the child such love they had to be a vampire family. I looked with sadness I miss my parents, my mother passed and my father is always at work, so I never see him. I walked out of the room and looked around the connected room then I had that dizzy feeling again. I fell to the floor this is different from before I felt sick. I laid on the floor, then I felt like I passed out, but I only closed my eye then woke in my bed again the same as last time. Looking around the room I seen Vladimir sitting next to me, I looked at him as he seemed worried. "V-Vladimir?" I said, but I could hardly speak. After a few moments he looked at me he had tears running down his face, he was crying. Why was he? What was wrong? I tried to sit up but he pushed me back down and gently laid on me, holding me like I was dying. "Don't move....Just rest" Vladimir said with a saddened voice which seemed like he was hiding something. "Lisa?" Vladimir asked. "Yes?" I answered. "Do me favor? Stay away from the tree....Please...Stay away from that tree." Vladimir said as he hugged me tighter and his voice began to crack as if he was crying more. I put my arms around him and held him. "Vladimir? What is going on? Tell me?" I said as held him in my arms. Vladimir leaned up with his arms holding his body above me and looked at me with such sad eyes. He looked at me for a few moments then kissed me, putting his arms around me holding me close, still kissing me like a passionate kiss. Vladimir pulled away and looked at me with such sad eyes. "What are you hiding from me Vladimir?" I asked him, I wanted answers....I wanted the truth....