Chapter 3: Love sucks

"Uhh...I guess." I told him I did not know what to tell him I was like in a trance of shock. Why do I have to be this way around cute guys? "You guess?" Alex asked with a confused tone and expression. "I'm sorry, I like to get to know someone before I date them. We can start as friends." I told him even though I was lying, I knew I was in love with Vladimir I didn't want to admit it but it was true. "Alright we'll start as friends and see what happens." Alex said with a smile, at that movement I knew he was not giving up on me. "Would you like me to walk you home?" "Nah my mom is picking me up, so I better get going." I told Alex, I was glad my mom would be here to get me. I walked out of the class room and down the hall then at the end of the hall was some stairs that lead to the front of the school, I walked down the stairs and out the front door. I was also walking really fast. When I got to the end of the sidewalk my mom was pulling up and just as I was about to open the door and get in the car, Alex showed up and was opening the car door for me. "Hello, Mrs. Ghost." Alex said to my mom as I was walking around him and the door to get in the car. "Hello dear, you must be Lisa's first friend here." My mother answered back. "Good-Bye Ghost." Alex said as he shut the car door when I was in the car my mother started to head home. The whole way home all I could is look out the window and think about all that has happened to me like last night with Vladimir and now with Alex what next. On top of that I think I was falling in love with Vladimir or rather I was in love with him, he wasn't even human. Thinking of this I thought maybe I was just a food source for him that he didn't like me at all he just kissed me just to try and get me to like him so I wouldn't mind if he drank my blood one day he would get bored of me and drain me dry.
When I looked up my mom was pulling up to the house soon as she stopped I grabbed my things and headed to my room, going up the left side of the stairs and to the left to the end of the hall where my room was, I opened the door and turned on the light and set my things by the door as I walked in I noticed that Vladimir was not here although it was still day-light outside. I noticed I was restless because I was speed walking the whole way to my room and that I was shaking a little for I haven't ate today I was too busy thinking about Vladimir and now I still don't want to eat because I was thinking of Alex now. It seems to me I'm having a bad start in this new town. I shut the door behind me and changed into one of my night gowns, I turned off the light and walked over to my window and moved my curtain to see the sun was still up in the sky, but I was so tired I did not care what time of day it was I closed the curtain, the curtains were so thick that it made my room dark even if the sun was up. I walked to my bed and got in and covered myself up in my nice warm covers and fell asleep.
When I woke up it was 9'O clock so it was dark out, and my mom had her hand on my forehead. "You have a fever honey, sorry if I woke you. I'm not going to make you go to school tomorrow, so get some rest and get to feeling better." My mother kissed my forehead and exited my room and as she did she shut the door behind her. Just before I was going back to sleep I felt another hand on my forehead I knew it was Vladimir for his hand was cold. Opening my eyes a little I only seen a shadow for the room was dark. "Vladimir?" I managed to get out of my mouth. "Rest." Vladimir told me, his tone seemed as if he was worried about me. I shut my eyes I was breathing hard, I also felt as if I was dying. Vladimir held me to try and cool me down with his cold body he had pulled of his shirt so that I could feel his cold body better. No matter how close he held me. "Lisa you need to get our mom!" Vladimir said with a loud voice. Vladimir laid me back on the bed and was speedy getting to the door he opened the door and slammed the door then went out the window to hide on the top of the roof. I could hear someone running down the hall then my door opened quickly it was my mother she ran over too me and felt my head. "We need to take you to the hospital now, you're burning up." My mom said she picked me up and carried me were my dad was waiting to see what happened. "Take her to the car she needs to go to the hospital NOW." My mom said as she went to get her purse out of her room. My dad carried me down the stairs and to the car he set me down in the back and shut the car door then got in the passenger seat, he reached over and started the car my mom came running out of the house she shut the door the behind her and ran down the stairs and got in the driver's seat of the car. She turned on the head lights and pulled away fast, but as we left I could see Vladimir on the roof of the house he was sitting with his legs up to his chest and his chin resting on his knees.
I fell asleep in the car, but when I woke up we were at the hospital and I was in a hospital bed with a IV in my arm, I could barely open my eyes, but I seen my parents talking to the doctor. I could hear them a little but not much. I seemed to have fell asleep because of something they put in the IV. When I opened my eyes I seen my parents in the room sitting beside me. "Oh, thank god you're okay." Both of my parents seemed to say at the same time. I was trying to get my eyes to open because in the hospital room seemed so bright that I could not hold them open and they were watering really bad. "What is wrong with me?" I asked as I was rubbing my watering eyes. "Well...The doctor could not find anything wrong, he told me that fevers may be caused for no reason at all or that the body is fighting off something or maybe even stress. Have you been under any stress?" My mom explained and wondering if the cause maybe stress related. "No." I answered, even though I was so lying, I was under stress with all that has happened, the move, Vladimir, Alex, and my thoughts that made me worry about silly things that could not most likely happen. "Get some rest Lisa." My mom said then kissed my forehead and then my dad kissed my forehead and told be also to get some rest. When they left the room to go do who knows what, I think they were going home to get them some rest themselves. I relaxed a little and was about to fall asleep, but then a nurse came in asking me if I knew a Vladimir Rose. I told her I did, but why was he here I know he is worried, but still.
"ARE YOU OKAY?!" Vladimir asked with almost a yell that was kind of scary.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"Are you sure, you had a really high fever."
"I told you....I....AM.....FINE....." I told Vladimir with an annoyed voice.
He walked over to me and gave me a hug. When Vladimir hugged me he seemed as if he was shaking and maybe almost crying, I felt bad that I got hateful with him. All I could do was hug back.
"Vladimir..."
"Yes Lisa?"
"Thank you for worrying and looking out for me."
"You shouldn't thank me Lisa."
"Why."
"Why? Because it is my job to protect you, why is it my job? Because I Love You."
I could feel my heart speed up when he said I Love You, it was like having a first crush notice you and maybe even like you. Vladimir....I loved him too even if I did not know him I feel like I do, I feel as if I have known him my whole life. "I Love You Too." The words seemed to roll across my tongue as if it was as simple as that, they were meant to be said. My heart was bonding you could see it was on the heart/pule radar.
"You better get back to the house before daybreak."
"Don't worry Lisa I will, you keep forgetting that I'm faster than you humans."
I feel asleep and woke up with the sun high in the sky, and Vladimir was gone which was a good thing because he left before daybreak, if he didn't he would have burned to death, just thinking about it made me sad. All of a sudden my parents walked in.
"Good Morning." My mother said with a smile.
"Morning mom."
"How are you feeling dear?"
"Fine mom, you don't have to treat me as a baby anymore I'm 17.Remember?"
"You're right honey, sorry I just hate my baby is growing up on me."
Looking at my mother as she looked out of the window with her arms crossed, her eyes seemed as they had tears in them just waiting to fall. "I love you mom." I said trying to cheer her up. She turned around with a smile. "I love you too." She answered back. My dad walked over to me and gave me a hug. "When can I come home?" I asked wanting to see Vladimir. "Soon I hope." My mother said as she was watching the door for maybe a nurse or doctor they can take me home. All of a sudden a doctor walked in. "Can we take her home now?" My mother asked with such stress in her voice. "Yes, but we have to fill out the release forms." The doctor said as he signaling my parents to follow him. Lying in this bed got so boring and having nothing else to do I started thinking about Alex, what did he think when he seen I was not at school today? I know when I go back tomorrow he will ask if I am okay or what happened.
After, what seemed forever, my parents and the doctor walked in the room. The doctor removed my IV. "Take care of yourself, okay?" The doctor told me. "Okay." I answered ready to get out of this boring place. We all walked to where my mother had parked her car and got in, and then we were on our way to the house. The sun was still high in the sky; therefore I probably will not be seeing Vladimir till nightfall. My parents seemed as if they haven't slept since I was in the hospital, so I'm sure they will be taking a nap when we get home.
We finally pulled up to the house. I got out of the car after my mom had stopped and put it in park I ran in the house and up the left set of stairs then to the left when I got to the top and down the hall to the end where my room was on the left also, just way too many lefts. I opened my door and turned the light on. When I looked up Vladimir was sitting on my bed, he looked up at me and got up then he walked over to me and hugged me so tight that if he hugged any tighter I would not be able to breathe.
"Are you okay? He asked
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"Are you sure?" He let go and looked at me, but he still had me in his arms, he seemed so worried.
"Yes, I'm sure." I said as I smiled at him to let him know I was fine and there is thing he needs to worry about. Vladimir pulled me in for another hug, but this time he was so gentle. "Good." He whispered in my ear.
"Why are you still awake? Don't Vampires sleep when the sun is up?"
"I was waiting for you to come home; I had to know that you were okay."
"Well I'm okay, so you can go to bed."
"Okay, but tonight I want to show you something."
"Okay." I answered with a smile.
Vladimir kissed me and then went into the secret room within my room, so I guess that is where he goes when it is daylight out, considering there is no windows in the room. All of a sudden the phone was ringing and after the third ring I could hear my mom yell, "Lisa, it is for you." Huh, how could it be for me? We just got this phone and I haven't given anyone our number. I walked out of my room and down the stairs, for we put one of the phones in front of the painting that was down stairs between the two sets of stairs, my mom handed me the phone and went back to what she was doing.
"Hello?"
"Hey Ghost, It's Alex. Alex Edwards from school, I was just calling to see if you were okay, because you weren't there today."
"Yeah I'm fine."
"Oh, that's good."
"I have a question Alex."
"Ask away."
"How did you get my number?"
"Oh, ha-ha I got it from a friend. He works at the school as a student teacher and he got it for me."
"Oh...Okay."
"Ghost? Would you like to do something tonight?"
"Oh, I can't."
Beep. Beep. His cell probably lost service or something I hope he knows I can't. I hung up the phone and as I was about to walk away the phone ringed again.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hey Ghost, meet me at the park at 9 tonight, bye."
I guess Alex didn't hear me when I told him I can't. I walked back to my room. I forgot to turn off the light, but I turned it off as I walked in and I got into the bed, because for some odd reason I was tired I pulled the covers over me and closed my eyes.
"Lisa, wake up." I could hear a whisper near me. I opened my eyes and seen that that whisper came from Vladimir.
"What?" I asked to why he was waking me up.
"Get ready; remember I told you I wanted to show you something."
"Okay." I said as I rolled out of my bed and onto my feet.
"Let me go tell my parents I'm going out, I'll tell them I'm going out on a date."
"Okay." Vladimir answered
"Just go to the front door and ring the doorbell and wait there."
"Got it." Vladimir said with a smile, and then headed to the window to climb down and go to the front door. As he was doing that I ran out of room to the living room which was located on the over hall near the right set of stairs. I finally made it to the living room which was the first door on the right, but it was still a little ways down because the living room was so big. My parents were sitting in the living room; my mom was on the desktop computer that she had set up for her work, for she was an author and worked from home my dad was at a big table with papers all over it near my mom and her computer he worked in marketing as a big man, as they called it, at his company.
"Mom? Dad?"
"What is it honey?" They both asked.
"I have a date tonight is it okay if I go?" I said then the doorbell rang.
"Okay, here take your father's cell, text me if you need me and be home before one."
"Love you." I told both of them.
"Love you too, and be safe." My parents both said.
I ran out of the living room and down the stairs and opened the door to see Vladimir waiting on me. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded my head yes and we started walking to where I have no idea, I just follow Vladimir. After a while of walking we were near the town, but before we got to the town there was the town park. Vladimir led me into the park where there were a few swings and a slid and also a merry-go-round, one of the old ones. "Is this what you wanted to show me?" I asked. "Nope." Vladimir said with a smile. Tonight was a full moon so it lit up the sky. I walked holding Vladimir's arm following him to where ever he was taking me.
Vladimir and I walked up to what seemed to be a lake at the other side of the park. The moon reflecting off the water made everything around the lake seem like a light blue, almost as light as Vladimir's eyes. "This view of the lake is what I wanted to show you when the moon is full and high in the sky, it makes the lake and everything around it look blue." Vladimir said. Vladimir looked at me and smiled and he pulled me into his arms. "I love you, Lisa Marie Ghost." He said then put his cold hand on my face and looked into my green eyes and then leaned in for a kiss, I didn't have to kiss back, but I wanted to, so I did.
"Ghost?" I heard a voice say. Vladimir and I both looked over to see who it was, and of all people it was Alex. "I thought we had a date tonight" Alex said with a little anger and confusion.
"I tried to tell you on the phone that I couldn't, but you hung up before I could."
"You could have called me back, ya know."
Vladimir stepped in front of me. "Just go on home she don't want you." He said with a strong voice.
"Then why would you not push me away when I kissed you if you had another guy Ghost?" Alex questioned. Vladimir looked at me and looked angry and hurt at the same time. "You two kissed?" Vladimir asked with hurt in his voice. "He kissed me, I didn't kiss him." I answered. In my heart I knew this wouldn't end well why did I even tried, just for it to end the same. I took out my father's phone and called my mom.
"Hey honey, is the date over already?" she asked.
"Yeah, something came up. Can you come get me? I'm at the park."
"Yeah, sure thing .Be there in a few."
I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket and then looked up with both Alex and Vladimir looking at me. "So you're just going to run away from your problems and hope they go away?" Vladimir asked with an angry voice. Time went by and we argued back and forth and my mom still wasn't here, I ran past both of them, back to my house. I was getting there faster, because I was in a hurry. Running in I seen my dad and a cop."What's going on?" I asked with worry. "Lisa, Honey. I'm sorry..." My father said with tears in his eyes. Alex and Vladimir were behind me when he had said this. "Where is mom?" I asked and when I did tears rolled down my face. My dad looked at me also with tears running down his face. "She will no longer be with us honey." My father said as he was crying badly now. If only I just walked home she would be okay. How could this happen? I just talked to her not long ago and now she is gone. I ran passed everyone and went up the stairs and to my room, I wanted to be alone to cry. When I got to my room I went straight for the secret room. I went into one of the corners and curled up crying my eyes out I didn't care who heard me. Alex went home and I could hear someone crawling through the window, it was most likely Vladimir. Lisa?" I heard him call almost worried. Still crying he found me because it was so loud. Vladimir walked into the secret room. "Are you okay?" He asked as he was walking to me. Looking up at him I said "Kill me?" I sounded so sad. Losing my mother at such an old age hurt more than a child losing their parent at a young age, because you had more time to get to know them and get attach to them. Vladimir crouched in front of me. "I could never do that Lisa." He said so sadly. "Why not? You seemed you wanted to in park.""I was mad, but that doesn't mean I want to kill you." Vladimir said with a firm voice. We didn't really say anything after that, I was still in shock that I had lost my mother, all because of two guys that like me, I don't really know how to feel about love now.