Chapter 3

******** A big thanks to the people who read my first few chapters...this one is longer. The story is starting to pick up, I hope I'm not boring you. Please remember I'm only in eighth grade. Hopefully it's keeping you intrested. None of my chapters are really edited exept my me, and I have terrible spelling skills. Please keep on reading!! Comment, fan. vote, and do whatever you do! Thanks again. Please remember this is my first Wattpad story. Hang in there! Tell me what you think!

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3

                On a bench not far from the door was a pile of gym clothes and a lock. Other girls started to file into the room as I matched the lock number to my assigned locker. The uniform fit perfectly, which was saying something considering that it was all generic and stuff like that never fits. Steady streams of people were making their way towards the gym. Unsure of where to go, I followed them. Drew was waiting for me right outside the door. We walked toward the center of the gym together where Coach Alvalez and several other kids were waiting.  The talking ceased as soon as Alvalez blew his whistle.

                “Please find a partner for volleyball today,” he barked. Someone grabbed my wrist, it was Drew.

                “Come on,” he was pulling me toward a large box full of volleyballs. I noticed Connor in the back of the pack talking to the kid I’d seen earlier at the watering fountain. They were deep in conversation about something.  The other guy I didn’t know looked up when he felt my eyes on him and he scrutinized me.

                “You play right?” asked Drew, snapping me out of my reprieve. When I nodded he handed me the ball and backed up a few feet. We bumped it back and forth; barely letting it hit the ground. I have to admit, we were a good team. The whistle blew again and we all froze. Coach Alvalez showed us how to serve and positioned us across from each other on opposite sides of the net. Before returning to the locker rooms Coach made sure to remind us of the two person volleyball tournament coming up at school. Signups were outside of the gym doors, it was extra credit. Before Drew could ask me what I knew he was going to I sprinted into the locker room, embarrassed.

                Was I allowed to play? I sure hope so. Drew and I were a good team and I was confident that we would get pretty far. The bell rang again, and like earlier Drew was waiting for me at the door. We walked to English in silence. Finally he asked the question.

                “Do you want to play with me for the tournament?” he asked quietly. I went to keep walking but he grabbed my wrist and spun me around, giving me the full force of his green-eyed gaze. I took a deep breath, my mind was swimming and my pulse was starting to speed up. What was going on? I had only known him for almost three hours of my life.

                “Yeah, but I’ll have to talk to Coach Alvalez first though. New student thing, you know?” I replied shakily, still aware he was holding my hand and how close he was.

                “Don’t worry about it. I already talked to him,” he replied smoothly. I gaped at him.

                “What?” I did my best not to shriek, but I was failing. Drew frowned slightly, still not letting go of my hand, but looking hardly fazed.

                “Sorry, I just thought, you know, Principal Mueller didn’t want me to show you the gym because he’d said you had gotten in trouble. I really wanted to play with you so I asked. Is that alright? I hope you don’t mind,” Of course I minded. A guy I might just happen to like now thinks I’m a liar and a drug addict. He used to be my only friend, and he was cute! Could my day get any worse?