Rise of the Irroyn

Chapter 1

His eyes were a stormy gray and looking right at me. Creepy, if you ask me and totally unsual. I had been standing in the deserted hallway of Luke Waren High School wondering when the bell was going to ring when he had started staring at me. I hadn't noticed him before and I'd been standing here for five minutes at the very least. Well, what can I say? I'm beautiful? Which I'm not if you count pedestrian brown hair and hazel eyes as beautiful. I'd been looking at him? He had just suddenly appeared, I'm not kidding. I'm the new kid? What more can I say? Don't guys check out the new girls? As I stared back at himhe grinned and leaned down to use the water fountian.

Behind me, my eldest sister was talking with the principal of the school. Upon hearing the words "on probation" I turned and faced them, hands on my hips.

"I'm on what?" I asked, nervously playing with the edge of my brand new shirt. They both looked up when they noticed I had talking to them. Which was really stupid cause who else could I have been talking to other than that other kid who was long gone the last time I checked. Glancing behind me I noticed the water fountian was strangely dry, maybe he wasn't thirsty after all. Weird.

"Whats wrong Alissa?" my sister asked nervously, "I thought we had decided and talked about this earlier," We had, but not being able to play sports was going to be a problem. I'd been kicked out of my last school because of sports, but old habits die hard. At my old school I had been Miss Jock. I played every sport I could get my hands (or feet) on. My one rule was cheerleading because I wasn't too fond of the skimpy outfits and the stereotypical boyfriends.

I was every coaches dream (not to brag or anything), I turned in all my homework, kept my grades up, went to practice early and stayed late. Also, I never missed a practice or game unless I was sick  which turned out to be once in a blue moon, litlerally. I guess my only downfall was that I was too good. Having enemies isn't fun, but enemies who help get you kicked out of your school is three times as bad.

Of course I'll give them credit, their arguement was fairly reasonable if I hadn't been a drug addict. Just kidding! Sophie and all the other girls claimed I was taking steriods, which I'm not contrary to popular belief. Word travels fast, and that way why I was being put on probation on my first day of public school.

Let me tell you, it takes a lot of guts to put a tall star athlete onto probation when she has four other  equally athleltic  and tall sisters who could smash your face in. Principal Mueller wasn't taking any chances, so he had called yesterday to inform my "mother" I was going to be on probation.

"I've filled out paperwork and taken drug tests, what more do you want Adelaide?" I said, my voice and temper starting to rise. Principal Mueller looked shocked that I had called my mother by her first name only since she wasn't my mother.

"It's just for precautions, I don't want any drama for you here at Warren High," said the principal. "I have already talked with Coach Alvalez about it and we both agreed to moniter your progress," I groaned inwardly. If I couldn't do sports I might as well drop out of high school. Everything was easy, too easy. The one thing about sports was that it always kept you guessing, you never knew if the ball was going to fly straight at you or your goal, so you kept trying.

"When am I off probation?" I countered, hoping to get to the crux of the matter quickly. Aideen and principal Mueller looked at each other worriedly.

"Well 'Lissa," Adelaide started, Principal Mueller interuppted her.

"Not until the end of the school year," I gaped at both of them. Adelaide wasn't the only one looking at me worriedly, Mr. Mueller was nervously fiddling with his tie. Serves him right. Both of them were making grave mistakes.

"Like I said earlier, we want to moniter your progress," Mueller was really starting to annoy me.

"What about gym, isn't that a mandatory class?" I protested earnestly, I never gone without any physical activity for any long period of time. 

"Gym classes are on your schedule, but if anything suspicious happens they're gone," was he threatening me? Looking over at Adelaide she seemed angry as well but was trying hard not to show it. She waved goodbye, slipping into the domian of paperwork called the office. Principal Mueller turned to me.

"I think we're done, Drew" he called. Who was he calling Drew? My name is Alissa Wade, not that that hadn't been enough. Oh, thats Drew. Drew was a tall tan guy with the greenest eyes I had ever seen. He looked me over and grinned.

"Miss Wade, this is Andrew Perkins, your new student guide for the next week and a half," Look, I'm a girl okay? A way more than decent guy was supposed to show me around the school? No bad I guess.

"Hey Alissa," he said, his green eyes still boring into mine. "Please call me Drew," I nodded and followed him down the hallway, easily matching his long purposeful strides.

"Thanks for showing me the ropes, I really appreciate it," I gushed as our hands brushed when I handed my schedule.

"Hey, no problem. It's me who should be thanking you," his voice dropped down low and he wiggled his eyebrows at me. "We both have first period together, great!" Drew was starting to be the highlight of my day. Not only was he gorgeous, but he was flirting with me too!