Ultimum Vale

Ultimum Vale - Final Goodbye

At the Mystical Underground's Cremation House, everyone gathered to say their last goodbye to Magister Julio Ferez. Ferez got dressed up nicely in his Senior Warlock Robe with both his hands placed on his chest, one on top of the other. Mellow music starts to play by the pianist at the corner of the room, signalling that people can start coming in and a swarm of black dressed people of Mystical Underground immediately filled up the room and sit on benches that face the sight of Magister Ferez laying cold on the table. The beautiful mellow music keys will keep on playing until the last one arrives and took its seat. In the midst of people coming in, there's a young man walking in alone with a black suit on and he can feel eyes turning to see him. Rightfully, he would sit at the front as he was considered family to Magister Ferez but he could not stand being the attention of the crowd, so he sits at the last row of benches and far to the corner. He can see ladies crying for him and he knew that those were the ladies that knew Magister Ferez, and even though he can be known as promiscuous to some but deep down, he is a lovely person to get to know if they have the privilege to do so. 

Running footsteps can be heard and it gets louder and louder, Daniel did not even bother to stand up straight. He just put his head down, trying to cage the pain that's filling in his chest. The footsteps stopped but then the steps move closer to Daniel and she touched him by the shoulder, "you should be up front", she whispered under the music that is still playing. "I can't", he said without moving a limb. "You are a son to him, you deserve to be there", she continued. "It's...too hard. I don't think I can do it", he responded with a slower voice. She looks out to the crowd and it  is a heavy crowd for Daniel to handle, especially in this state and what he had become. She turn her gaze back to him, "you can do this, Daniel. Magister Ferez would want you there, let's not leave the front bench empty just because everyone could see you. He would want you there and if it makes you better, I'll be right here at the last row if you need anything".

He looks up to Piper and she can see the lack of sleep and dried up tears in his eyes, he grabs her hand and say, "sit with me". She immediately refuse the offer, "I could not, I'm not family to him.I'm just his apprentice, a bad one at that". "Please, he gave up his life for you because you are his apprentice, he loves you. He loves us and I..I need you", he confessed. Piper slowly nod her head and the both of them walk up to the front bench and they can feel all eyes are on them as vulnerability starts to crawl on their skin as if they were naked. As soon as they sit on the front bench, the music stops and the grip of their hands gets tighter. The both of them look at Ferez with a well of sadness as tears rolls down from their eyes but they looked at each other and smile, because they are here together. 

"Welcome, everyone. We are gathered here today to say our final goodbyes to our Senior Warlock, Julio Ferez. He has gone way too soon but it was his time, nonetheless. He has sacrificed himself for the well-being and safety of our people and that is what we shall remember him by. He has touched many of our lives, but it is time to say goodbye", Senior Warlock Holt stands up at the podium and gave his speech. Then he look at Daniel and ask him whether he has  a few words to say, before he could shake his head, someone in the background, "what does HE have to say about Magister Ferez? It was him that killed Magister Ferez, he is Altar's son all along!", and that remark followed by agreements of the crowd. 

Piper stands up and shouts to whoever it is, "have some respect! Magister Ferez is right there, unable to burn your sorry ass! Think before you speak, Daniel is not Altar's son! If you do not know what the hell was going on, do not speak out of your ass and show you are as stupid as how you look!". Then the guy stands up and extend his arm to her direction, trying to make a point, "yeah, you're the one that literally took his life!". Piper could not argue because that's what happens. Magister Holt grab the ends of the podium, making a loud thump and said, "SILENCE! You there! You have disrespected this ceremony and for that, I urge you to leave!". The man obediently left the Cremation House and the doors immediately shut after he step his foot outside of it. 

"Are you sure you wouldn't want to say anything?", Daniel shake his head at Holt's offer again and then he offered the podium instead to Piper. Piper would take Holt's offer and say the great and magical things that Ferez have taught her and how he believed in her when no one else was and actually take her in, make her feel safe despite her original intentions. He believed that Piper was more than she would think about herself and that's the greatest gift Ferez gave to her. Instead Piper refused to say all that because Daniel needs her by his side and she's not gonna leave.

"Okay then, let's rise and sing to his peace and freedom and let him never be forgotten", Holt announced and then Daniel voices out, "Wait!". With his eyes locked on Ferez, he asks, "can I say my final goodbye?". Holt smiles and answered, "of course you can, my boy". He turned to her and smiles back and also remembering how Ferez calls him that. Daniel lets go of Piper's hand and walk towards Ferez and as he look at him, he closes his eyes and tears starts to run down his cheeks so fast that some of them create spots on his suits. He opened his eyes and smile to Ferez, he gently combed Ferez's hair with his fingers to keep it neat, just the way Ferez would like it. "Thank you for everything, mea magister. I do wish that I have more time with you but you made me realize that I have strength within me, for that, I know you'll always be with me. Goodbye...father", he whispers and step back to his bench and grab Piper's hand. Piper quickly let go and give Ferez a kiss on the cheek, "I'll always remember you", she whispers and grab a hold of Daniel's hand again. Holt wiped a tear from her face and motion the pianist to start playing. 

Everyone starts to sing a traditional song to give peace to the departed and suddenly, Ferez's body  is lit with fire and continued to get burned in the midst of the singing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Ok, are you guys alright? It's just time to say goodbye y'know. 

We are almost done you guys :) 

Thanks for reading and do comment, much lovess xx