n i n e

t r o y e

2 weeks later

"Do you think you were being fair by sending that?" Kayla raised her eyebrows as she lay next to me.

"It's better to keep my distance. I don't want to feel jealous" My eyes met hers and I heard a sigh.

"Kayla... Don't make this harder than it is" I frowned, she started playing with my hair.

"You sounded so cold, Tok. Really?" She furrowed her eyebrows, I unlocked my phone and checked the message.

my mum said you came to visit and i honestly don't want to see anyone right now. i'm sorry, connor but i don't think this is going to work because i can't handle seeing the guy that i loved so happy and in love with someone new.

"He's calling me..." His name popped on my screen and I freaked out.

"Answer it!" Kayla squealed in excitement and snatched my phone.

"WAIT NO KAYLA GIVE IT BA-"

"Connie with a yellow heart?" She started giggling and I rolled my eyes.

"KAYLA COME ON! It's just like a friend nickname thing..." I felt my heart beating so fast as I said that.

"Friend nickname thing... Explain the yellow heart. Oh woooops gotta take this call!" I yelled a loud no but then I heard Connor's melodic voice.

"Hello? I thought you wouldn't answer" Connor's voice sounded muffled and I looked at Kayla.

"Just let me explain, Troye. You don't have to talk... Let me explain and then you can yell at me all you want or tell me how much you hate me" Kayla put him on speaker and I felt my heart breaking.

"I just want you to know that the text message you sent me really... hurt me" He took a long pause and I heard him sniffling. Oh what have I done?

"Stephen and I are not dating. We never dated. You never let me explain and I guess I did some stupid shit when we went clubbing. I was drunk out of my mind, Troye" He laughed, I looked at Kayla again and she smiled a bit.

"I do stupid shit when I'm drunk. That kiss meant nothing to me... I don't know why you should hear this but maybe you needed to hear that" He laughed again, I rolled my eyes and Kayla elbowed me.

"I don't even know why I called you. I just didn't want you to see me like this or for you to yell at me" I laughed at that and Kayla handed me the phone.

"I guess that's all I wanted to say... I hope you're not mad at me. I want us to be friends again. I have missed you so much" He sighed, I hugged my phone close to me as if I was hugging him.

"This is destiny, Tro. Us meeting a year after is not coincidence. I'll take you out for boba if you want! Anything... I'm sorry" He spoke with sadness and I finally decided to speak up.

"Con... Don't say sorry. I was so bitchy for sending that message and how I acted after I saw that... kiss" I felt a wave of jealousy as I said the last word.

"That meant nothing" He clarified.

"Fine. I exaggerated and acted like this annoying ex. I should be the one saying sorry, Con" I heard him giggling. His laugh is so beautiful.

"You're not mad at me?" He tried to sound chill but I heard his little squeal.

"Nope. That boba date sounds great to me" I hugged my phone close to me and he sighed happily.

"I'll pick you up in 30. 2 weeks later and we are meeting. I have to look presentable" I rolled my eyes and Kayla elbowed me again.

"Shut up, Franta. You'll look good as always" I spoke with a lovesick smile on my face.

"You're not bad, Sivan. I'll see you soon" I heard his melodic laugh one more time as he hung up.

"Friends? My ass..." Kayla grinned, I rolled my eyes.

"You guys are sooooo flirty and soooo oblivious" She added.

"What are you talking about, Kay?" My blue eyes met hers and she raised her eyebrows.

"Don't even get me started on that lovesick smile you have. Connor also sounded like shit but as soon as you spoke I could hear his happiness" My best friend grinned and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I gave him the silent treatment for 2 weeks... he just missed his friend" I shrugged, Kayla laughed at that.

"You're so oblivious" Kayla rolled her eyes.

"We're just friends, Kayla" I looked down as I said that.

💙💙💙

"Hi" Connor said as soon as he saw me approaching his apartment.

"Someone was so eager to see me to look out the window?" I batted my eyebrows and he giggled.

"2 weeks, Troye..." His eyes met mine and I smiled slightly.

"At least it wasn't a year" I tried to make the mood lighter but he frowned.

"I'm only kidding, Con. I wouldn't leave you again" I felt my heart speeding as he embraced me in a tight hug.

"I just got you back... Don't leave me again" He whispered in my ear and I shivered.

"I won't, Connie" I took in his scent as he started moving away from me as seconds became minutes.

"I promise" We were insanely close from each other as I felt Connor's hands caress my cheek.

"You have the prettiest eyes, Troye" His green eyes met mine as I felt my cheeks heating up.

"The prettiest ocean eyes" His lips turned into a smile.

"You have the prettiest eyes too, Connor" I looked down at his lips.

"Thank you" My lips made contact with his cheek but they lingered on his skin a bit too long for it to be friendly.

"You're welcome" I had a lovesick smile as I saw Connor's cheeks heating up.