o n e

1 year later

t r o y e

"Emma!" I squealed, my manager hugged me so tight and giggled.

"Troye!" She mimicked me as I saw two more familiar faces show up at the door.

"What brings you here in Perth?" She stopped the hug as I glanced at Dani and Jacob.

"I wanted to visit you! It's been a year, T" She smiled softly, Jacob and I finally made eye contact and I smiled at him.

"Hi Troye" Jacob awkwardly said as he smiled back at me.

Jacob and I broke up the day I had met up with Connor. He got jealous and asked me who Connor was and I explained everything to him. Everything.

I came to Perth the next day due to the fact that I didn't want to make things harder and Dani basically hated me.

"Hi... Jacob" I looked down at the floor, Emma noticed the awkwardness and she stepped inside.

"Hi Dani" I smiled at her and she just looked down.

💙💙💙

"How is the break going so far, T?" Emma asked, I shook my head and smiled sadly.

"Horrible and frustrating. I want to write something but I have lost my inspiration" She placed a hand on my shoulder as we made our way to the backyard so we could talk.

"Why is Jacob here? Dani? I don't want to sound rude but Dani didn't seem as happy to see me and same goes with Jacob" I shrugged, Emma sat down on a chair and I did the same.

"Dani asked why I booked a flight to Perth. She came to Sydney to like just hangout and well you know how Jacob and her are inseparable" She replied truthfully and I sighed.

"I missed you, Em" Her green eyes met mine and she grinned.

"I missed you too. How are you? Be honest" She fixed her bun and looked at me dead in the eye.

"I feel like shit" I laughed, Emma rolled her eyes and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't laugh, T. Your happiness is so important to me" I looked down at the floor.

"Emma... I love you and you're the best manager ever" She smiled softly. "I just honestly feel so empty.." She frowned at that and I felt a pang on my chest.

"Connor was everything to me and I screwed that up. I didn't realize how much he meant to me until I lost him" I felt tears threatening to spill as I sniffled.

"I never contacted him... I didn't text him or call him. I didn't even tell him that I was coming here and staying here" Emma wiped my tears away.

"It's not your fault, T. Don't blame everything on yourself! Tell me... Why did you break up with Jacob?" She tilted her head slightly. I knew this was coming.

"Emma, why are you still so supportive and loving to me? All I do is break people's hearts?" Emma frowned at that and punched my arm.

"I love you, okay? It wasn't your fault. Just answer my question" She positioned herself so she could face me. I didn't notice how good she looked with that nose piercing until now.

"Your nose piercing looks amazi-"

"Troye!"

"Fine fine... The truth is that remember when Connor and I met up at Lia's coffee shop and then went to the beach? I explained what had happened and we made up. We were good..." She nodded her head and wanted me to continue.