Chap. 18 Love Bites

Start from the beginning

"Then I must be dreaming too because I have the most beautiful, caring, and stubborn girl in the world in my arms," I grinned, causing her to pout.

"Hey!" she whined, causing me to chuckle before I used the hand that was slung around her waist to massage her hip.

"And I get her all to myself." A soft sigh escaped her lips as I continued massaging her.

"River," she softly sighed as she moved closer to me.

"I know," I whispered into her ear before I gently placed a kiss behind it. I left a soft trail of kisses down her jawline all the way down to where her neck and shoulder met. She took in a sharp breath letting me know that I found the right spot. "You're neck," I whispered as I looked at the multiple hickeys that decorated her neck and collar bone that I'd somehow missed last night.

"What?" she curiously asked, but instead of answering, I gently placed a kiss on each one, causing her to relax under my touch as her hand found its way to my hair. We held the moment for a little while longer before I pulled away.

"I gotta save some for later," I winked as she looked at me, causing her to roll her eyes before she climbed out of the bed. I let out a long whistle as she walked not only because her shirt was still ridden up, but also because of the slight sway of her hips as she walked and I could feel her rolling her eyes. She continued walking until she was in her bathroom standing in front of her mirror.

"Woah," she gasped as I walked into the bathroom where she was looking into the mirror at her hickeys. "Did you seriously give me all these hickeys?" she chuckled, disbelief evident in her voice.

"I prefer to call them love bites," I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on the shoulder opposite of my masterpiece.

"Fine. Did you seriously give me all these love bites?" she asked again, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Maybe," I shrugged before I gave her a quick peck on the lips then pulled away.

"If these are still here when my dad gets home he's gonna freak," she chuckled as she walked past me and grabbed her phone.

"When does he come back?" I asked, not liking the idea of returning her here once her father's back.

"Let me see..." she trailed off as she started scrolling through her phone. "He's supposed to be home in four days," she said with a small frown after a few moments of searching.

"Then I have you to myself for four more days," I smirked.

"Better treasure them," she chuckled.

"Oh trust me. I will." I snaked my arm around her waist and led her out of her room and blindly managed to lead her to her kitchen. "What do you want, love?" I asked as I picked her up and gently placed her on the counter. A small blush light up her cheeks before she muttered pancakes.

I quickly got to work on her request and I couldn't help but notice how her eyes met mine every now and then and the cute blush that decorated her cheeks every time I caught her. After I was done with the pancakes, I started on the bacon and eggs.

"So, River," Cat's melodic voice cut through the air, causing me to stop what I was doing and focus on her.

"Yes, love?"

"Um..." she trailed off as another small blush settled on her cheeks. "I was just thinking that we don't know a whole lot about each other except for that first time in Chem, through Liam, and last night and I just wanna know you since we're..."

"Boyfriend and girlfriend," I finished for her.

"Yeah," she said as she tucked a piece of loose hair behind her ear. "I guess I'm just not used to saying that."