Love

As you must already know, love can seem complicated but in all reality it isn't.

Love itself is pure and selfless. It's not filled with anger or jealousy, just happiness and joy. I know it sounds cheesy but, it's true. Yes, things that come along with love can be confusing and painful. But love itself is the one thing that keeps you coming back to that person.

I sat in Dex's house waiting for a call or a message from Dex. I needed something to keep me hoping that he was still alive, but hope is a dangerous thing. Rih rubbed my back as I sat next to Pineapples crying my eyes out. Candy was on the phone cursing a few people out telling them to hurry up and do everything that they can to find her brother. They're both trying to be strong for me but I could see the fear in their eyes every time they looked me in mines. Rih didn't really understand all that was going on, she didn't understand how deep into the game Dex really was. I mean she knew that he had money but she didn't know the depths that he had to go to, to get all of the money.

I finally got myself to fall asleep at around 5 in the morning, I woke up to a text from a blocked number with just an address. I quickly showed it to Pineapples and Candy and they called the rest of their family telling them the address and to quickly get to it strapped up. We all got into Candy's car and left Pineapples at their house with Rih and Candy's son.

"This might get a little messy, I just need you to stay in my eye sight at all times." She said sternly as driving. She then handed me a small gun. "I hope you wont be needing to use this, but it's just in case. Anyways, this is the safety, this is-"

"I know, Dex showed me."

I tried to hold back the tears that surfaced just from saying his name but I couldn't. They came gushing out like a water fall.

"You have to be strong, for yourself and Dex." Candy said softly. "It wasn't easy losing Killa, but I could've done something to stop it from happening. You were right, I should've taken him to the hospital no matter the consequences. Maybe he would still be alive right now if I did. I allowed Pops rules about going to the hospital to alter my thinking to the point of losing the man I loved so deeply. But what's more valuable than life? I was weak, I still am in some ways but I have to be strong. Not only for myself but mines and Killa's son also." a tear rolled down her face and she quickly wiped it away. I wanted to say something to help her feel better but I couldn't. I could barely help myself, I was barely holding on.

We finally arrived at an abandoned lot and I looked around trying to figure out where we are. Candy got out and told me to stay put for just a moment. I watched her walk up to her brothers and speak to them frantically. They weren't the type of people to go after someone without a plan and a back up one too. She spoke to them with sincerity, like the leader of a wolf pack. She finally signaled me to get it out and I did as told. I walked up to them and they all looked at me without fear, but determination.

"We gonna get Dex back don't worry." Loonie said to me as nodding. For the first time, I believed it. Seeing how much his family loved him, and how they'd do anything to save him I knew he'd be alright.

"Just follow behind us, we'll keep you safe." PhatPhat said as smiling.

"Okay." I said as my voice broke.

We slowly walked into the large abandoned building cautiously. I could hear my heart beating through my chest and the back of my neck felt scolding hot. Suddenly all of the lights turned on and we saw Dex sitting in the middle of a large empty room. I went to run towards him but Ant quickly grabbed my arm pulling me back. He shook his head putting a finger over his mouth. The door behind Dex slowly opened and a man walked forward. He was tall and dark skinned with large muscles and tattoos crowding all of his arms, neck and face. He had to have been atleast 60. He pulled out a gun and everyone quickly pulled out their's aiming it towards him. Candy stepped forward with her gun pointed towards him.

"Why would you do this?" Candy asked as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Cause I can" The man replied with an evil grin.

"What you doing Pops?" Loonie asked.

Pops? Is this the man they've been talking about for all this time?

"This nigga knew! He knew about Killa stealing my fucking money and he aint say shit about it. He allowed that nigga to steal from me but look where it got that bitch ass nigga. Killa got killed."

"But-" Candy began.

"But nothing! I raised yall. Feed yall, clothed yall, and sheltered yall and this how you fuckers repay me!"

"Killa would never ever had stolen from you! You're fuckin loosin it! I knew you had altimeters!" Candy cried.

"Yall were never loyal to me! Thieving ass niggas"

"Pops please. This aint you!" Ant yelled.

"Obviously you dont know me!" He yelled angrily as pointing the gun at Dex's head. "Say bye bye"

A gun shot then went off echoing through the room. My heart dropped.