Killed

° Dex's POV °

It's been 3 Weeks since my brother died, I couldn't help but feel like a part of me is missing. Our family is now one person short and that scares me. The guy I knew since I was a kid is now suddenly gone. I got my revenge but still, the rage boiled inside of me.

The only thing keeping me sane is Liza, she's been there for me. She helped me plan the funeral and stuck with me every step of the way. She's been begging me to cry but I couldn't my pride wouldn't let me. I haven't cried over Killa's death once, which she finds astonishing. But I can't cry no matter how much I may want to I just can't.

I sat on my balcony lost in thought. I suddenly felt Liza's hand on my shoulder. I love feeling her hands, so soft and gentle.

"You okay Daddy?" She asked softly. I nodded before taking a sip of my Hennessy. I wanted these feelings to go away so badly but I couldn't shake them. I know she's getting tried of seeing me moap around and feel sorry for myself but I can't muster up the energy to do anything else.

"Talk to me" she said softly as sitting next to me.

"It ain't shit to say." I replied. She sighed and looked away before taking a sip of my Hennessy.

"I knew Killa since I was 7." I began. "We bounced from fauster home to fauster home together. We been through so much shit man just for him to die like this. Candy lost her husband, my nephew lost his dad..."

"And you lost your brother... I know you might think it's weak to cry but I think it's what you need."

"You don't know shit."

I instantly regretted saying that. I know she's just trying to help but she doesn't know what I need. I need my brother back.

She got up and walked away leaving me alone. I sighed feeling bad for what I said but I think  being alone right now is best.

Later that night I sat on the edge of my bed as Liza slept peacefully. I couldn't stop thinking about my brother. I kept thinking about all the good times we had together. Like the time we both lost our virginity to some hood rat at her house while her dad was gone. Just the thought of it made me laugh, I began to chuckle but then I broke down in tears.

I sobbed as feeling weak and I felt Liza's hand on my face. She hugged me from behind as rubbing my tears away. She was right, this is what I needed.

I turned around kissing her deeply. She smiled as wrapping her hands around my face.

"I love you Daddy." She said softly as rubbing her thumb against my cheek.

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear those words." I replied as smiling.

"I know."

"I love you Liza."

She smiled softly before kissing my lips. We both laid down in a bliss.