The Game of the Year

The girl stood next to her opponent, eyeing her teammate on the other end of the yard, 21 feet away.
     The game began, with Cody  making the first shot, winning 1 point.
     The battle raged on, the girl believing her team would lose at first.

Then the most amazing thing happened.

      The score was 14 to 10 with her side on the winning end. She threw the bean bag, landing it half in and half out if the score hole.

The other team threw, missing the board completely.

     She narrowed her eyes and shifted her stance, tuning out the shouts of her teammate and her opponents.

     She threw the bean bag,  watching it tumble end over end in the air.

     Both sides held their breath as that small bean bag sailed threw the air, each second seeming like an eternity.

     The soft wump of the beanbag hitting the first was heard, and all eyes were on it as it slowly pushed the first shot in, then fell in right after.

     A moment of stunned silence.

     Then the girl cheered and ran to hive five her teammate as her opponents groaned in defeat.

     After celebrating, they continued the game, both sides trying to get 21 points.
     Her opponents slowly caught up to her team's score, until it became down to the wire.

             Her team had 20 points.
             His team had 19 points.

     Both sides knew that whoever scored next would win the game.

He threw his first beanbag, and missed.
She threw her first beanbag and missed.
He threw his second one and missed.

     Both sides watched as the girl narrowed her eyes once more in concentration.
     The beanbag left her hand and sailed threw the air once more.

    And all eyes were on the small beanbag as it arched perfectly and plopped

Right
In
The
Hole

     The girl's teammate and her erupted, celebrating their victory!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

And the funny thing?

The girl had never played this game in her life.

_______________________________________

     And the best part?

                    The girl was me.