chapter 4: Night

I hope you will like this new chapter. Don't hesitate to vote/comment. Thanks for reading! :)

I was in the park newly renovated, near the house. I loved this park so much, it was beautiful. The grass was short but green. There were a few yellow flowers here and here. The trees were big with a lot of green leaves. There were benches made in wood and a small playground in the middle of this park with a few games as swings, slides and so many things. This place was perfect; it was very popular with the children and young parents because everybody knew this place was safe. Alex was laughing, his eyes glittering with jubilation, as he threw the ball towards me.

"Stop! I'm tired!" I whined sitting on the grass, Alex sat next to me. He put an arm around my waist and put his head on my shoulder. We were breathing hard.

"Do you want an ice cream? My mother gave me money so I can buy one! We could share it!" Alex said looking at me with bright eyes showing his excitement. He was so beautiful when he smiled like that. I could stare at him for days.

I nodded and he ran out of the park to buy an ice cream. I was waiting for him just like he told me to. I played with the grass while I was waiting, staring at Alex while he picked an ice cream, a small smile on my lips as I saw him scrunch his cute little nose. He was in deep thoughts but finally, he picked a chocolate one, our favorite. He crossed the road without looking if there was a car or not. He was looking at me with a smile, he was careful because he didn't want the ice cream to fall.

My eyes widened when I saw an enormous black car. Everything happened so quickly. The car hit Alex making him fly in the air before falling on the hard, grey, and dirty road with a loud noise. I heard the car stop and a young man got out of the car. He looked completely panicked. He called someone with his phone. At this moment, I realized the importance of the situation and I ran as quickly as I could before sitting next to Alex. He didn't move, blood was pouring from everywhere. His eyes were glassy, he was crying. Carefully, I took him in my arms. I was crying too. He tried to speak but blood came out of his mouth. 

I stroke his hair gently with shaky hands. His breath was slow and his eyes were now, half closed.

"Don't leave me, please. I can't live without you! We're supposed to be best friends, you can't leave me!" I whispered in his ear so only him could hear. He looked at me, fear and sadness in his eyes, a few tears fell slowly on his white cheeks.

I was covered in blood but I didn't care. His shirt was full of blood and we were in a pool of blood. The smell was horrible and made me want to throw up. My tears were falling on his shirt making the blood lighter. He showed me something with his finger, I looked at it and I saw the ice cream. The dark chocolate was everywhere on the ground next to us. I looked back at him and I saw his eyes, his beautiful eyes. 

"I'm...I'm sorry for the...The ice cream..." He whispered vomiting more blood on me. I hugged him and pulled him closer to me. His usual tan skin was now white as dead. His skin was cold as death but he was alive. Why was nobody helping him? Was it because of me? Of course it was he wouldn't be here if he didn't buy this stupid ice cream. He wanted to share it with me and now he was hurt, because of me. I cried harder but Alex put a hand on my cheek gently. His eyes were close and he had trouble breathing, he was dying and nobody was helping him...

"I...I'm sorry...I..." He coughed, dark red blood dripping from his mouth making a contrast with the white of his skin. "I.. I promise you...I will always be here for you...Always...Even...Even if you can't see me.. I... I love you..." He whispered, coughing more blood. 

"You're not going to die. You can't die. I...I will kill myself if you die... You can't leave me like that. You can't!" I said in a shaking voice, I couldn't stop crying. I was desperate.