Chapter Thirty-Seven

It's been about a week since Silas brought the boys back home, and everyone has been doting on me since.

No longer is Kota the snotty boy that was always picking on me with his friends because I am an omega, now he is a grown man, and that there are more important things in the world than rank, something our previous pack needs a lesson on.

Mile, Tait, an Randal have readily made the effort to be a part of our lives. We try to get together for at least one meal a day so that we can still talk about what has been going on and how everything has been going with me and the babies. Of course its not like it changes the next day, so I just tell them something small to make them happy.

Zain and Gabriel have been making picture after picture of our whole family, withthe two pups growing in my stomach also present. They seem to be really excited about the baby coming. A lot of times they come into the room and sing to my stomach, although I don't think the pups have developed ears yet.

Silas has been the worse with the coddling. He barely let's me walk around the pack house without someone following me. I try to lose them, but every time I turn around another one will be there. I have brought this up to him on more then one occasion in the past week, but it still doesn't seem as if he is going to back off anytime soon. I'm just hoping that with my doctors appointment today that he will calm down a little when he sees that our pups are okay.

We had agreed that it would only be me and Silas going today, and that next time everyone will be able to go. Silas has never seen the actually pups yet with his own eyes, only the picture that the doctor had given to me while he was taking the ultrasound. I'm nervous as to how he is going to react. I hope he doesn't just see the ultrasound and think of the worst, like I did.

I know Silas will be an amazing father, but that doesn't mean that he wont make mistakes, that we both won't make mistakes, because we will, it's the part about being a parent. Nothing is ever going to go the way you want it, and you just have to deal with it.

"Sorenson? Are you ready to go? The appointment is in about 10 minutes, we need to get going if we don't want to be late." Silas says breaking me out of my thoughts. I nod before climbing out of bed and rolling my eyes when i see Silas watching me like a hawk. I would understand if I was farther in my pregnancy or I had done something previously that had harmed me or the pups, but he is just acting unreasonable.

We make it to the doctors without any incidents and take a seat in the wait chairs as we wait to be called in.

Silas is fidgeting in his seat as he stares at the ceiling, he seems tobe saying something silently before he tilts his head so his eyes are now casted to the floor. I grab his hand making him flinch and look over at me.

"Its going to be just fine, Silas. I promise, I won't let anything happen to our pups." Silas seems to calm down at this and his slowly wraps his arms around my waist and his softly puts his hand on my stomach, rubbing it while smiling. I smile back at him and sit back as we wait for the doctor.

"Sorenson, we're ready for you now." A nurse said as she popped out of a door and waves us through it. I pulled Silas up with me as I dragged him behind me to the door. He seemed to be back in his haze, but I left him alone now since I have him a speech earlier that i know he hasn't forgotten.

"Alright, so we are just going to take a look at your pups and see what is going in. It is still a little too early to see the genders, so we are going to set up another appointment for two weeks and that's when we should finally be able to tell the genders.

Silas nods nervousky as he smiles st me before looking over at the grainy screen. The doctor moves the wand for another minute before freezing the screen. She points to the two familiar blobs on the screen before turning and smiling at us.

"There are your pups. I'll go make a copy so you can see." She nods at us before quietly slipping out of the room. I turn to Silas and see tears in his eyes as he stares at me.

"This is the best thing you could have  ever given me." He says gruffly as he leans down and give me a soft kiss. I smile up ay him.

"I love you." I say softly as I look into his beautiful eyes.

"I love you, and our pups."