Chapter 10: Confronting

Robin's p.o.v

I leaped off Selena, Luna still in my arms and walked to the castle. It was odd, my father had lied about Luna being the Dark Moon Princess, yet this magical creature had come to our aid. Maybe I was imagining things, but that creature looked magical.
I walked up to my room, not stopping for anything until I reached it. I lay Luna down on the bed and walked over to my window. The curtains were swaying in the wind. I slammed the window shut, I was so angry at myself. I almost killed Luna. My knuckles were turning white due to the fact that I was clutching the window sill so damn tightly.

Luna's p.o.v

I was beginning to wake up. I was feeling warmer and more alive. I felt a soft surface underneath me, when I realized that I was no longer on Selena. I heard a loud noise and opened my eyes. I saw Robin standing by the window, he seemed angry about something. I sat up, feeling a little dizzy, but I ignored it, and walked over to him.
''Robin?'' I said.
He turned around, his expression one of pure shock, although he seemed happy to hear my voice. I suddenly remembered what I had said earlier to him, about me loving him. I felt stupid, I was just caught up in the moment and I needed to let him know that.
''Listen, about what I said earlier, um, that was not true?'' I said questioning myself. Was it true?
''Okay, okay, calm down you need to rest.''
''But I have loads more questions.''
''Well, I don't have loads more answers. Now, wait here while I go and tell my father that you're staying.''
He left me alone in the room. I opened the window to let in some fresh air and thought about this. I didn't want to stay here. This room was quite high up. I assumed it was Robin's so the cupboards must have some clothes in them. I opened them up and pulled out all the long sleeve tops and pants that I could find. I tied the ends together and then tied it to the bed post. I threw it out the window. It wasn't long enough, dammit. I grabbed the duvet and tied it to the end and than threw that out the window. I took a deep breath, grabbed onto the long rope of clothes that I had made, and jumped. I clung tightly to the rope and climbed down. When I reached the bottom I ran for it. I couldn't see where I was going, but I stopped in a clearing and saw Merryweather Manor. I knew I had to go the long way as the gate was locked.
When I entered the castle my 'father', Marmaduke, Digweed and Maria's nanny were all in the living room.
''Luna!'' My dad said in delight and came to hug me. I was still curious as if to what Couer had said was true.
''I'd like to have a moment with my father...alone.''
Everyone left the room leaving me and my dad to talk.
''Darling, where have you been? I've been so worried.''
''I was with the De Noir's.'' I said truthfully.
''The De Noir's? Did they harm you?''
''No, they told me something that I'd like to hear from you.''
My fathers face fell at those words. Yup, he was definitely hiding something.
''What would you like to know?''
''It's true, isn't it? You're not my father.'' I accused, tears rolling down my cheeks.
''No, Luna, I am your father, but...'' He trailed off.
''But, what?''
''Your mother is a filthy traitor. She may not be a De Noir, but she associates with them.''
''I...I don't understand. Why didn't you tell me? Why can't I remember?''
''Luna, you have to calm down.''
''No, but what I do have to do is get out of here. I can't believe you lied to me.''
I ran upstairs to my room. I grabbed my bag and packed everything I needed. I left the castle. I wasn't planning on going to the De Noirs and I wasn't planning on coming back to Merryweather Manor. This was all up to Maria now. Speaking of which, I didn't see her in the castle. Oh well.
Dawn was approaching quickly, so things were getting easier to see. I was tired and weak, I needed food. I stopped at an old tree, one that I recognized. The roots were massive and there was quite a big hollow. It was so familiar that I couldn't help but go inside. It was dark, there was a bed and some shelves, but it was all very dusty. Someone must have lived here, but this place looked like it hadn't been touched in centuries. I was too exhausted to think about dust right now, especially since this dress was pretty old...

I had been running for what seemed like most of the night. I really needed to fix myself up. I walked over to a small desk with a mirror, which was very cracked.
''Maybe in the bathroom.'' I said to myself, after realizing that this mirror was just not going to do.
I walked over to a part of the room which had a sort of arch over it. There was nothing there, which was quite disappointing. I felt defeated. I couldn't live like this. I rested my head on a piece of stone in the shape of a horses head and it moved slightly. I looked up to see that what I had previously thought to be a wall was now a room. I entered it, not knowing what was in there. The first thing that caught my eyes was a statue near the back of the room. It had a strange necklace that appealed to me like nothing had before, ever. I walked towards it and grabbed the necklace. The moment that I did, I realized that these were no ordinary pearls, they were the moon pearls, and I was in the tree in the picture. The pearls that I now held could stop the moon princess.