Chapter 8: Is That True?

''Yes, maybe so, but you could be the undoing of the moon princess.'' Robin said and was about to open the door when I ran up to him and pushed him against the door. There was a hint of fear in his eyes.
''They'll come for me.'' I said.
Robin smirked and moved out of my grip,
''Not likely.''
He once again headed to the door.
''Wait, where are you going?'' I asked.
''To get you food, unless, of course, you don't want.''
''No, I do.'' I said and once again sat down on the bed.
He walked out and I just sat there. I watched the pocket watch on the bed side tabled ticking. I was still sad, but he was being surprisingly nice to me, well Robin was, I'm not sure how everyone else was going to act towards me.
Ten minutes passed, fifteen, twenty, then half an hour came and the door opened to reveal Robin.
''My father would like to see you.''
''Wait, you told him that I was here?'' I asked, worried.
''Well, he was the one who told me to lock you up.''
I wasn't surprised, you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. Robin grabbed my hand before I could react and pulled me down to the hall. There were De Noirs almost everywhere, but I thought I blended in nicely, due to my dress being dark colored and not at all poofy.
''Well, well, well, Luna Black. So good to see you again.''
''My surname is Merryweather.'' I said fighting against the guards who were holding my arms back.
''Or so you think.'' He said and chuckled.
''What's that supposed to mean?'' I asked, giving up fighting against the guards who were holding me back from punching Couer's face right off his shoulders.
''It means, darling, that you belong here.''
''Please.'' I begged, not believing a word of what he was saying. ''Just let me go. I have nothing of value.''
''But, you belong here. Yes, you may have been raised by the Merryweathers, been bought up to believe their lies, but you are a Black by blood. If you don't believe me, let me bring forward your mother, you are the spitting image of her. Nadia?'' He called.
It appeared as if I was looking in a mirror when she stepped forward. She looked like an older version of me. It was surprising to say the least. I was shocked, I had never see anyone who looked so much like me. And sure, I never looked like my father and had never see my mother, my father had always said that she died, but maybe that was a lie. I just couldn't handle the fact that my 'father' had lied to me, if he had. But, it was here, right in front of me to see my mother. I shook my head to escape the thought of my father lying to me, and a tear rolled down my cheek. I couldn't and just wouldn't believe it.
''No, no, you're all lying to me. Let me out of here.'' I yelled.
Couer nodded his head ever so slightly towards Robin. I took this as an opportunity to run for it, so I did. I ran and ran, without looking back. After running for what seemed like miles, I stopped and realized that I had never been in this section of the forest before and was lost. My knees felt weak and I fell to the ground, crying for what seemed like the millionth time that day.
''Crying won't do you any good. You have to face facts.'' Robin said and appeared next to me. I would never know how he manages to keep up with me.
''Those were not facts, they were dirty lies.'' I spat at Robin.
''That was the truth, all of it. You may think that the Merryweathers are family, but they're a filthy bunch of liars.''
''No, stop. You don't know what you're talking about.''
''Yes, I do. Ever wonder why that Demon dog likes you so much?''
''He only likes Merryweather's, so he would naturally like me.''
''You may be stubborn enough to be a Merryweather, but that's not the reason. No, your ancestor, Ginerva Black was there, 4 999 moons ago. Rolf and her apparently bonded.''
''Really, how?''
''Look, I don't know all the details, but I do do know this, you belong with the De Noir clan, come back, please.''
''Did the 'Great Trapper' just say 'please'?''
''No, is that a yes or a no, your answer?''
''I don't know, I just...'' I let my sentence trail off. It was very believable, what they were saying. I mean, the women that claimed to be my mother looked exactly like me, I had no mother.
''Remember what I said about you being the undoing of the Moon Princess? Well, I didn't believe it myself, but my father says it's true.''
''Well, if your father told you to jump off a cliff, would you?''
''Speaking of which, he actually ordered something like that.'' Robin said and grabbed my wrist. He led me to a cliff right next to the ocean and said...
''Jump.''