Jem was sitting on Jun and I's bed one day before we all got separated and he told us in a soft whisper "Our aunts and uncles want us to be safe, so they discussing where we will all go-"

"We're not staying here?" I asked quickly, sitting up.

Jem placed his arm around me and smiled sadly. "No."

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

Jem was silent for a moment then he bit his bottom lip, bent down and gave both of us a kiss on the forehead. "Yun and Jun, I love you to bits alright? I want you to remember that for the rest of your lives."

I didn't realize then that it was a goodbye. I thought he just wanted to mention it. The next morning, our aunts and uncles collected us all in one room and Aunt Wilma spoke up.

"Listen well, children." She started. I was sitting on Jem's lap and I felt him pull me closer. "You can't all be together. No one here will be able to take care of six children"

"You can." Uncle James retorted "You're just selfish."

She sent him a warning look and glanced back at us. "No. You will be divided between us."

"Aunty please!" Jewel cried "You can't separate us. Mia is too young. Robin, Yun and Jun are too! You can't separate us from them, please!"

"There is no other way." Aunt Wilma replied. She toyed with the rings on her hand then looked at the rest of the boys. "Gordon and I will take two of you. Ken and Penny will take a child."

"No!" Jewel let out a panicked scream "Please!"

"Jewel." Jem said sternly. She snapped her head his way and glared at him. Jem just gave her sad eyes and ushered his head towards us. Jewel seemed to realize that her attitude was making us all more worried. The silence was broken by Mia's hiccup as she started crying again. Jewel whispered an 'Oh I am so sorry' and she scooped Mia into her arms, shushing her softly.

"Ken is married and has money to support one child since he is but a mere farmer." Aunt Wilma continued talking "He doesn't like children, he will be taking custody of Jem."

Jem took in a sharp breath as I held his hand tightly. I didn't want to separated from Jem! "Can I be with one of my sibilings? Please, I'm old and they need me." He faced Uncle Ken "I'll work and get enough income, let Mia or Robin or Yun and Jun come with me."

"No." Uncle Ken said sternly. I could feel Jem tighten his grip on my shoulder and rest his forehead on my back. I felt like crying but I wasn't going to that now, when I'm in Jem’s arms. Instead, I'll wait until I'm seperated from him to actually have a reason to break down.

"Aunt Penny wants a boy who will be friends with her son and at his age so she's taking Robin."

Robin didn't react. He didn't even look up from the book in his hand. Jem and Jewel gave each other small smiles, at least Robin will have someone his age. They assumed that Jewel will be with Mia and I'll be with my twin brother but they assumed wrong.

"I'm taking Jewel and Jun." Aunt Wilma stated so simply, getting of the chair as if the conversation was over. I instantly jumped off Jem's lap and pulled my twin brother into a hug.

"No." I said boldly.

"You can't separate the twins!" Uncle James exclaimed "Thats not what we agreed on!"

Aunt Wilma ignored him and walked to Jun and I. I could feel Jun shaking and I just hugged him tighter. Suddenly, Aunt Wilma grasped my forearm tightly, I let out a yelp of pain as she pushed me away from Jun. I managed to grab his hand as I fell and we both landed on the ground. Aunt Wilma clinched her jaw then held Jun's shirt and pulled him off me.