Chapter One

The day started off normally, I woke up before dawn, took a bath, carried sleeping Mira and left the house. Uncle Gordon doesn't wake up until noon and he's always heavily knocked unconscious but I had to be extra cautious. From the house, I go to the closest 24/7 supermarket and buy only the necessary food to keep Mira and I going until about 8/9pm, when my shift ends.

As I sat down on a bench, Mira woke up and wrapped her tiny arms around my neck.

“Morning, princess.” I whispered, knowing that she can't hear me. It doesn't stop me from saying it though. “You hungry?” I asked as I signed it to her. She nodded eagerly, giving me a sleepy smile, her long brown hair messy and all over her face.

Today, unlike normal days, I couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement and nervousness. I'm going to meet Jun! Does he remember? I could be the only excited one about it all, for all I know, Jun could've completely forgotten about the meeting.

No. He can't. I know my brother, he wouldn't forget.

But I know the Jun of six years ago, he could've changed. I definitely did. I changed so much, he probably wouldn't recognize me.

Cold hands grasped my face and I snapped out of it, finding Mira nose to nose with me.

I let out a muffled laugh “What is it?”

She let go and signed ‘Frown’

“I’m sorry. It’s nothing.” I said as I signed back. She sniffed and rested her head on my chest, removing her hair from infront of her eyes with the palm of her open hand. I wrapped an arm around her small shoulders. It was cold and we were both wearing clothes no where near how much we’re supposed to be wearing.

After thirty minutes, I head towards the closest public bathroom, changing into my butler outfit, a tuxedo with a notch lapel collar and a black bowtie. I pulled my mid-back lengthed hair into a hair elastic, wrapping it loosely before throwing it over my right shoulder. I hated having my hair so loosely tied but thats the butler appearance I need to have and I am definitely in no position to complain.

“Come on Mira,” I said as I left the place, holding her small hand tightly with my own, walking down the street. I took out my flip-phone, the one forcefully given to me by Lucas, and called one of the only two numbers on it.

It rang three times before he picked up. “Yes! Yeesh you're so impatient, I'm coming!”

“I didn't say anything, Luke.” I replied, smiling slightly.

“I know what you'll say. I'm at the park where are you?!” He imitated me.

“Actually, I’m far from there. Still fifteen minutes. I wanted to make sure you're awake.”

“I overslept once, Yun. Once!”

I chuckled. “I have to make sure it doesn't happen again.”

“This is so unfair!” Lucas cried “You don't even pay me!”

“Shut up. I should be paying Ava, not you.”

“I feel like you're just using me.”

“Hmm.” I raised my eyebrows and shrugged

“Youre not going to deny it, are you? Whatever, I don't know why I expected you to do so.”

“See you in ten, Luke.”

“Yup, see ya.” He closed the line.

I sighed and looked at Mira “You excited to see Ava?” I signed to her.