Gaara x Reader

Your P.O.V.
"Gaara, I'm okay, this isn't necessary." I tried to tell him, but he wasn't listening. "You're sick, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I left you all alone?" he asked with a small smile. "Still, you're the Kazekage, I'll be okay.." I tried to convince him once more, but he wasn't leaving. "I can leave the paperwork to Temari." he stated. I sighed in defeat. "Just don't come too close to me, I don't want you catching this cold." I stated. As if on cue, I started coughing. Gaara handed me my cup of water. "Here, you need to drink lots of fluids." he informed me. I drank what was in the cup and laid down. My nose was stuffy and I couldn't breathe. "I hate breathing with my mouth." I whined.

"Why's that?" Gaara asked, as he lied down next to me. "It sounds ugly. When you breathe through your nose, it's quiet, but it's the opposite when you breathe through your mouth. It just bothers me." I explained. Gaara chuckled quietly. "Sometimes I wonder what's going through your mind. You always think about the things everyone doesn't care about." he said with a smile. I pulled the blankets up and covered my mouth. "Gaara?" "Yes?" I bit my lip. "Remember when we first met..I've been meaning to ask..why didn't you do it?" Gaara's eyes closed and he turned away. "We will discuss this later. Now, I just want you to return to your normal health." he whispered. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. However, I can't forget that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) was an ordinary Genin taking the Chunin Exams like everyone else. She was very confident she could pass, but her confidence was crushed when the Hidden Sand Ninjas invaded the village. She lost sight of Naruto and Shikamaru, so she hid behind the trees and carefully watched her surroundings. Sure, she was young, but she wasn't weak. However, she was afraid of facing a Jonin, because she would surely be killed.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash that happened one hundred feet from her. Her eyes widened when she spotted Sasuke losing to the boy from the Sand Village. "Sasuke..is...losing.." she realized something. The only person that's stronger than Sasuke was her and Naruto. Sasuke was stuck, so she rushed to his side and barely rescued him. "Stay here, idiot." she growled and threw him on the ground. She jumped to a tree and led Gaara away from Sasuke. "I don't like Sasuke, I'll be honest, but you're going to pay for hurting someone from my village." she growled and took out a kunai.

She was able to attack him a couple times, but her efforts to stop him were useless. She had enough chakra for one last attack. "Ice Style; Ice Dragon Jutsu!" she shouted and aimed the attack at Gaara. It succeeded in wounding him, but he was still able to move. (Y/N) collapsed, her body was exhausted. "You'll pay for that!" Gaara growled and swung his arm at her. She tried to block, but he was too late. She was sent flying into the trees. "(Y/N)!!" she heard Sakura and Naruto scream. Suddenly, everything was black. There was shocks of pain in her lower abdomen.

~~~~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~

Gaara's P.O.V.
I knew this question would be asked, but I don't like to think about it. I really hurt her. After that, the Medical Ninjas weren't sure if she would survive. That's not even the worst of it, I took something away from her that I can never be forgiven for. When she hit those trees, something happened and they had to remove her uterus. Naruto informed me that she's always loved children. Now, she can never have any. All because of me.

I was okay about not being a father, but I couldn't speak for (Y/N). Everyone is moving forward in their lives, but here we are. I wanted to talk to her about this, but I couldn't bring myself to. I'm constantly reminded of that day. It haunts me. "Gaara, are you..crying?" a soft voice interrupted. My eyes opened to see her (E/C) looking into mine. "Yes.." I answered her. "I'm sorry.." she apologized. "(Y/N), I've told you before I'm perfectly okay wit-" "Still. Everyone has babies and here we are..we won't pass on our skills, our features, there will be nothing. I'm sorry for taking that away from you." she interrupted, there were tears in her eyes.

I sighed and pulled her close to me. "I only want you. I know you think I'll leave you for another woman because you can't have children, but I won't. I did this to you and I'm sticking with you, because I love you. Even after I hurt you, you still seen me as a human being. You ignored the fact that I'm a Jinchuriki and you knew that I had feelings too...and you fell in love with me for who I am. I couldn't possibly think about spending my life with someone else. I just want you, even if we don't have children." I said making sure my feelings were clear.

"Gaara.." she whispered and held my hand. "I love you..so much." she stated and kissed my cheek. I held her tighter. "I'm serious, I only want you." I replied and buried my face in the crook of her neck. I placed a small kiss there and I felt her shudder. "Gaara, wait..at least until we're married." she spoke, her voice was shaky. "I see someone's feeling better." I commented with a small smirk. She blushed and looked away. "Be quiet" she mumbled and turned away.

I smiled softly and held her tighter. "You're cute when you're embarrassed." I commented. Her heart started to beat faster. "Thank you, now go to sleep." she whispered. "I love you." "I love you too". Then, we kissed. A few minutes later, she was asleep, while I was too busy wondering what the future would hold for us. A minute later, I started to feel tired, so I closed my eyes. My life couldn't have been better.

[A/N]: I had so much trouble thinking of what to write for this. I hope you guys like it and I apologize for my absence. ;-;