Iruka x Reader

"As of today, you are a Jonin of the Hidden Leaf!" The Third informed (Y/N) proudly. (Y/N) (L/N) was finally a Jonin. After eight years of being a Chunin, she's finally a Jonin. Her eyes watered and her lip quivered. "T-Thank you, Lord Third." She whispered and closed her eyes while a tear rolled down her cheek. "Now, now. Don't cry. I'm proud of you." Lord Third tried to stop (Y/N).

The Third Hokage knew that no one from the (L/N) clan ever accomplished Jonin level. Apparently, the other clans would say that the (L/N) was the weakest of them all. Well, that all changed today. (Y/N) bowed and held her head high as she walked out of the Hokage's office. She proudly smiled at no one in particular. She was excited to tell her clan and her best friend.

She walked into the (L/N) clan's compound and found her parents. "Mom, Dad, I did it." she informed. They knew what she meant and engulfed her in a hug. "We knew you could do it, we'll have a feast tonight! Invite whoever you want. We're no longer the 'weakest' clan. I'm sure your little cousins and other members of this family will gain hope and make it to Jonin as well!" (Y/N)'s mother said, making (Y/N) determined to help the other members of the (L/N) clan.

"(Y/N), go find that boy and have him come over and enjoy the feast with us. After all, he's a close friend to the family. I want him here to celebrate with you." (Y/N)'s dad reminded her. She nodded and bowed respectfully. "I will, thank you Dad." She gratefully nodded and ran to the Academy.

Your P.O.V.
I almost forgot to inform Iruka about it!! Oh goodness, I'm such an awful friend. I ran inside the Academy and headed for Iruka's classroom. Please let him be here. I silently prayed. I ran, opened the door, and entered out of excitement. Unfortunately, Iruka was right in front of the door and I couldn't stop myself in time. Everything was in slow motion, his eyes widened and I quickly realized that if I hit Iruka, he would be knocked out by the impact. I swiftly hugged his body and spun us around, so I would be the one to hit the floor instead of him.

"Oomph!" We both grunted. Iruka's body was really close to mine and we were in an..odd position. He got up and placed his hands next to my head and sighed. "You need to be more careful! You're crazy! You could've been hurt!!" Iruka scolded me like a child. "Thank me because if I hadn't taken the fall, you would've been hurt right now. Besides, don't be such a meanie~" I explained and whined.

Iruka's eyes softened for a moment, but quickly returned to normal. He sighed and got off of me. "Wanna tell me why you're looking for me?" Iruka questioned. I stood up and smirked. "Yes, well..notice anything different?" I grinned and hoped he would notice my Jonin vest. He looked at me from head to toe and shrugged. "Um..you got a haircut?" He tried to guess.

I sighed and pointed to my vest. He didn't quite understand, but he continued to squint. "Oh! You're a Jonin...WAIT YOU'RE A JONIN!!!!!" Iruka realized and had the biggest smile on his face. I felt the blush on my cheeks and I squeaked as Iruka picked me up and spun me around. He chuckled and put me down. He hugged me and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I'm so proud of you." He whispered and kissed my forehead. "Thank you. My family is having a feast..wanna bring Naruto?" I asked hopefully. He rubbed the back of his neck and avoided my gaze. "Do you think they would like him? After all, it was the Nine Tails that did kill your grandfather.." he asked. "They don't care anymore. We're alive because of my grandfather's sacrifice. Naruto is Naruto Uzumaki, not the Nine-Tailed-Fox. Don't worry, they'll love him. Besides, my cousins are way more misbehaved than him." I explained with a sheepish giggle. "I forgot about your cousins." He laughed.

I stared at his face and smiled. He's so cute, that scar of his makes him look even more cute! His eyes..looking at me with curiousity. Wait.."Like what you see?" Iruka grinned and winked at me. I nodded and quickly ran in his direction, but I pushed him out of the way and pretended to admire Kakashi. "Hey Kakashi~" I cooed.