The Love I Thought I Wanted (Part Two)

Alexander's POV

  I couldn't stop thinking of John. We live in New York so it's not the warmest place. It's not to safe either. He could be in South Carolina to. I see Lafayette quickly grab his phone. He then shouts at us to run to a car now. He quickly hails down a taxi and tells them to go to the hospital. No. No, no, no, no, no not John it can't be.

"I'm sorry mon amie. Its- it's John." He didn't have to say it I knew what John was like I knew he was suicidal I knew this was my fault.

   When we get there James Madison is there, with Thomas Jefferson. I turn to Laf and he mouths that Jefferson and Madison found him. I sigh and I go up to greet James and Thomas. I sigh and Thomas has a smug look on his face.

"No need to thank me. You can keep your dignity." Thomas says.

"Why are you still here?" I doubt he cares.

"Because that keeps my dignity of a good guy" Yeah right " and did what I say effect this?" Thomas asked.

"Not for him, no." I mutter, but Thomas still hears me I try to push past him to see John, but he grabs my wrist.

"For you?" Jefferson asked. I pulled my hand away and walked off I see Jefferson and Madison do the same and walk into a pharmacy for Madison.

"What room is John in?" I asked Hercules and Laf they answer room 245 and we walk there quickly.

   John lays on the bed. He's in the worst shape I've ever seen. There are tubes going in his mouth in his nose, there's many needles in probably every vein in his arm, and he's breathing. Would he want to be dead would he want to be breathing? I hear a doctor walk in the room.

"Are any of you family?" The doctor asks.

"He doesn't have any." I reply.

"It's says here of Hen-"

"Henry is the asshole that fucked up John's head and beat him senseless until John thought that suicide was the best answer and that no one cared or even liked him for that matter and you want Henry to come in? Well go right ahead let John keep trying to die because this man put it in to his head that he should die!" I shout and I say this all in one breath trying not to cry.

"Wait what!?" Layfayette cried. Hercules stood there shocked, and the doctor was speechless.

"He doesn't have any, I am the closest thing he has." The doctor nodded and said okay.

"The sleeping pills he took slowed down his heart that he was dead for a minute or two, we are trying to keep him stable, and later we will do some test to see if his brain or heart are working and if they aren't it's probably best to say your goodbyes." The doctor finished and left the room.

   My shoulders slumped all of this, everything we've been through, everything we tried and he would die. I wanted revenge I wanted Henry to pay to feel even the littlest of guilt. I knew he wouldn't and that piece of shit wasn't worth my time. I sit in the chair closes to John. What am I gonna do?

   About an hour or two later nurses come in and take him to test. I watch as they roll his bed out. I knew Layfayette wanted to talk so this was the time to talk.

"I know you wanna talk so let's go get coffee or something." I need something to keep my mind off of this.

   We go to the coffee shop that me and John went to the first day I met him. The smell reminded me of him, and the taste of the coffee did to. I knew Layfayette wasn't gonna start talking so I did.

"His father abused him verbally and physically. Henry said that if I ever told anyone he would kill me or John" What's the point now anyway, I would love to die right now "Henry wouldn't pay for his education anymore, so John went to the streets because there was no way he was gonna take John in in the first place."

"Why didn't he tell us? Why didn't you tell us?" Lafayette asked.

"I don't know."

"This is stupid while they figure out whether we should pull the plug on John or not Henry gets to be out there." Hercules adds. Lafayette already let everyone know about John's situation.

   When we arrived back at the hospital every John knew were there other than his father obviously. Eliza hugs me. She forgave me thank God. The doctor comes and finds me to give me the news.

Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!