5) CRITICISM

Criticism

As a writer, you will always, and I mean always get criticism from your readers. It's a normal, natural thing that comes in a package deal. And it is important to for you to learn to accept them and deal with them, for they can help and also make you more confident about your books.

NOTE THIS:

The criticiser isn't always right. But do take that their opinions and in consideration all the time, and you don't have to agree with it at all. After all, you are the writer of the book, not them.

However, keep in mind that they might have some fair points, no matter how offended you get by it. Whenever you get a mildly rude criticising comment and feel a little sad, suck it up. I'm not going to be heart-warming about it. Deal with it. Whether they're mere haters or genuine criticisers.

If you totally disagree about what they suggest you should do in your book, tell them that in the most nicest way, and don't change anything about your book at all. However, like I said, have a think about it. Perhaps they are right. And don't be all stubborn about it and think "I don't want to change it even though it's better because it will look bad on me".

But it's totally okay to get help from others, after all you are writing it for others , so sometimes they can be right about what the readers want.

Do take that in consideration.