4) PROOF-READING

Proof-reading

Did you also get a shiver down your spine while reading that? Because personally, I hate the damn word. It's my worse enemy as an aspiring writer. But it has to be done, I do agree. But it doesn't have to be done to an extent that you are stressing over it.

Have you heard of Muphry's Law?

Let me Wikipedia it for you:

"Muphry's law is an adage that states: "If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written."[1] The name is a deliberate misspelling of Murphy's law. "

Basically, there will always be something wrong with your writing in some shape or form and that's absolutely okay. I think any decent human being can understand that nobody is perfect. I can guarantee you that in every chapter of every book I have on here there's a bunch of spelling mistakes and errors. But guess what, I do not care.

I, as a student, who has 8 hours of school plus piles of homework, as well as giving time for socialising with friends, does not have time to stress over editing. I know that my books do have mistakes in them, and I could personally obliterate anyone who picks on those minor spellings. I mean, use your pin-sized brain and figure out what it exactly means, it's not that hard.