Gives You Hell [D.B]

"when you see my face hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell
when you walk my way hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell"

***

Dylan and I had broken up 2 months ago today.

Time flies, or it doesn't.

Yep these two months were the longest of my life.

I swear I almost broke down when our song started playing on the radio yesterday.

I was sitting in traffic, face full of makeup and about to go to set, and I was struggling to not sit there crying.

I was a mess, and I couldn't help but keep thinking if Dylan was ever like this.

No one knew how I felt, so did no one know how he felt?

But at the end of the day, it didn't matter.

I, today, had finally come to terms with the fact that Dylan I weren't getting back together.

He didn't think of me, and I had gone a full 4 hours without thinking about until my yearly "Happy Anniversary!" came through.

It was a spontaneous fight we'd never come back from.

And finally, I was fine with that.

But something else happened today that didn't have to do with me accepting Dylan.

Well, it did, in a way.

I was invited to the MTV Movie Awards, which would have been cool if I wasn't nominated for the Best Kiss award for a kiss I did with my ex.

I had contemplated going all day, he was nominated for an award today, too.

Should I have gone to show support?

Show I was over him?

Or should I be petty, and stay home.

I was usually petty, of course, but today I decided to do something different.

I was going to go, but when he saw me, he was going to do a quadruple take.

Yes, I found a way to be petty and nice at the same time.

I put on a light green dress that had a crop top like upper part.

But connecting the upper part to the skirt like part was a single, thick strip of fabric in the back and front that covered my belly button.

The bottom part flared out a little.

And when I looked in the mirror with my face full of foundation, concealer, eyeliner, false lashes, mascara, liquid lipstick, and eyebrow pencil, I felt incredibly proud.

I was going to give him hell.

When I arrived at the awards, they were interviewing people.

I did my interview normally, and there were compliments on my outfit, which I greatly appreciated.

I was on a high, my ego was sky rocketing.

But when I saw him, it all came down.

I frowned, and walked the other way, hearing him calling my name.

Huh, he might have did think about me.

I ran backstage, hiding in a corner where no one would go, and I cried my eyes out.

I thought I was ready, I thought I was okay, but I guess I was wrong.

"Hey, babe?"

My head shot up.

"No, no, no," he looked startled.

"What?"

"You do not get to call me that. Especially after all the pain you've caused, do you know how much I cry about you? How much I think about you? How much I replay that day in my head?"

He sighed, sliding down the wall next to me.

"I do the same thing."

I arched my eyebrow, "What?"

"Everything you said, I do that exact same thing."

He touched my hand and held it, and I let him.

"I'm sorry, I'm a freaking idiot, and you looked like you could pull yourself together today, but I barely was able hold myself together on the way here."

I looked down, sniffing, and he tilted my chin up to look at him.

"I love you, or I still love you. I'm not over you, and I don't care if you reject me, because I'll never stop chasing after you."

I wiggled out of his grip, smirking and looking down.

I sniffed and wiped my eyes, standing to my feet.

"Well then," I held out my hand to Dylan, who was still on the wall. "are we gonna attend this thing or what?"

He smiled up at me.

"Hell yeah, we are!"