Practice

"Promise I won't let you down."

I ran inside the house, saying goodbye to Josh as he walked off to his house. I could tell he was scared to talk to his parents, but I knew he was going to be ok. His mum was always understanding and I'll be going to see his dad with him.

"Simon?" My mum yelled from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm home. I'm going to go practice with the guys. Josh and I are walking together, don't worry." I said jokingly as I walked into the kitchen grabbing my water bottle and filling it up.

"You and Josh, did you make up?" She asked as I nodded.

I started to blush and laughed a little.

"We are actually, sort of together." I said as she looked at me in shock.

"Wow! Seriously?! When? How?" She asked as I laughed and we got to talking.

-------

I heard a knock on the door as I walked downstairs to find my mum and Josh talking to each other.

I had finally gotten down, because it had taken me a while with my broken foot and all.

"Oh hey, you ready to go?" Josh asked as I nodded.

"I'll see you later mum." I said as we walked out and started to walk to the field.

"How does your foot feel after walking on it for the whole day?" Josh asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know, it kind of hurts." I said as he smiled.

He slowly came closer to me and our hands had interlocked with one another's. It felt perfect holding his hand. My hand had fit perfectly in his, like this was all meant to be.

"I just want to say, that no matter what happens, I will always fight for us." I said as he looked at me and blushed.

"Really?" He asked as I laughed and nodded.

"I love you Josh, you are the only person I could imagine being with and I'm so glad you were my first kiss. You are my first kiss, my first love and the only person I want to be with." I said as he squeezed my hand.

"I will always fight for you too." He said as he kissed me on the cheek and we kept walking.

--------

We got to the field as we saw everyone standing there. The team consisted of: Ethan, Josh, Tobi, JJ, Vik, Harry, Lewis, Cal, Lux, Manny, Jed, and then Josh who is Cals friend and we like to call him Chip.

"You guys ready to ruin those idiots lives?" I said walking in with Josh as they all cheered.

We practice simple things like passing to one another, we had Jed be the goalie because he was probably our best and had practiced shooting on him. He would normally miss one out of five shots.

Harry is probably going to end up being our sweeper. He has the best pace and is good at defense, I had felt that would be our best option.

For offense, I decided Manny, Tobi and Cal would be our center midfield. They are best at shooting and they have good pace as well. Both Vik and JJ are our center forward because they don't really have to do much and that would be our best option.

For defense, Josh and Ethan are going to be center back. This leaving Lux and Chip as our wing back.

I decided Josh would help co coach with me. One of his greatest specialties is that he can read the players. That's why he is defense. He can easily tell a persons strong and weak points and how to defend against them.

Overall I felt that our team was good, not  the best but good.